Brown/Bronze spots

:toke: hey Django - I'd say it sure smacks of a Ca defc., up higher like that (Ca is poorly mobile within the plant; poor/immobile defc. symptoms start on newer growth because of this)...
Nute dosage seems OK, how often though? A cumulative build-up could be in play here,...not quite to burning, but if the overall N or K inputs are getting too loaded, they can both lead to antagonistic uptake issues with Ca (see charts in the Q&D Defc. Pic Depot, in stcky section above this one)....

AN I'm not hip with much on NPK #'s, but I do know their Ca-Mg is very N rich, maybe not a good choice considering the deep color of the plant (might be normal, might be from rich N inputs; no sign of N-tox which is good at least)... Considering dosage, pending frequency info, it's hard to believe that N and K inputs are too high, so I'm leaning toward a simple lack-of type defc.. You dosed it already I see, which is fine for now but I'd look into an alternative Ca-Mg product with less N in it... Meantime watch and see if it halts or slows, might need more than 1 dose...

Hi there. Thank you for the repIy. I feed her around 4 liters every other day. I check the weigh of pots to decide when to feed, around 3 times per week, maybe a bit less than that. I had a similar issue, but at a later stage, with other girl. They had one thing in common, a lot of bud sites. Many bud sites. I was wondering if that fact ,"more mouths to feed" so to speak, can create the need for more Ca. On the other grow it was a RQS fat banana that had the issue, but at the same time i had a Hukberry that was fed exactly the same and had no problems. So maybe girls with more bud sites need a Ca kick?

Thanks a lot. Cheers

@Waira @Mañ'O'Green @Arthur @automan2 @Trichome farmer Hi guys.
So this is my take on the issue. As i said before i had the same symptoms in one girl on the last grow. This time, with the added cal mag, the issue spread much slower. It did not stop, but it kept to the same leaves already affected, it did not go to the others. On the other grow, i did not add any cal mag because i thought i was "burning" the girl. And it spreaded to almost all the leaves, sugar leaves included. I think i'll start adding cal mag sooner, before the problem starts.
Thank you all.

What size pots are you in mate? 4L is a healthy drink; are you getting some nice run-off?
Plant -to-plant demands can vary, and certainly size, bud site counts and other things are factors...
One thing to check is your T and RH%, and the VPD associated with this,... and if the tops are getting a pretty aggressive breeze on them, forcing some rapid suboptimal transpiration....
Here's the catch-22 with Ca in particular: too much really screws with other nutrient uptakes (did you check out the charts in the Depot as recommended?); this usually happens when Ca-Mg goes in constantly along with the usual nutes. You have to look at ALL the sources going in, starting with the medium itself (coco especially, not a concern for you though), then the base nutes, any supplements... And keep in mid LED lighting seems to aggravate/increase demands as well,... I'd say more often than not too much Ca is going in with some cases if they are using a variety of things, or too much Ca-Mg too often...
Bizz Light is very mild, but does have some lime in it (slower release); if you found that adding in some Ca-Mg supp' helped slow it down, then that's a sign that you don't have a antagonistic uptake issue, and you should stay on the supp's. If in veg' still, foliars are a great way to get ahead of the curve with a milder solution and use of a wetting agent AND getting the bottoms of leaves + tops because more stomata are located on the undersides...

Symptoms themselves can be quite tricky to diagnose, Ca in particular. It can look a lot like P defc at times,... I find that AN tends to be weak on P, usually made worse by using only part of their bloody line-up, and you can come up short on things... PK boosting during bloom can help if done right, at the right time...
"Burn" is pretty generic in symptoms, many things can look similar especially early on when it's not distinct enough to make a call on, so be careful about reaching conclusions on this as well!

What size pots are you in mate? 4L is a healthy drink; are you getting some nice run-off?
Plant -to-plant demands can vary, and certainly size, bud site counts and other things are factors...
One thing to check is your T and RH%, and the VPD associated with this,... and if the tops are getting a pretty aggressive breeze on them, forcing some rapid suboptimal transpiration....
Here's the catch-22 with Ca in particular: too much really screws with other nutrient uptakes (did you check out the charts in the Depot as recommended?); this usually happens when Ca-Mg goes in constantly along with the usual nutes. You have to look at ALL the sources going in, starting with the medium itself (coco especially, not a concern for you though), then the base nutes, any supplements... And keep in mid LED lighting seems to aggravate/increase demands as well,... I'd say more often than not too much Ca is going in with some cases if they are using a variety of things, or too much Ca-Mg too often...
Bizz Light is very mild, but does have some lime in it (slower release); if you found that adding in some Ca-Mg supp' helped slow it down, then that's a sign that you don't have a antagonistic uptake issue, and you should stay on the supp's. If in veg' still, foliars are a great way to get ahead of the curve with a milder solution and use of a wetting agent AND getting the bottoms of leaves + tops because more stomata are located on the undersides...

Symptoms themselves can be quite tricky to diagnose, Ca in particular. It can look a lot like P defc at times,... I find that AN tends to be weak on P, usually made worse by using only part of their bloody line-up, and you can come up short on things... PK boosting during bloom can help if done right, at the right time...
"Burn" is pretty generic in symptoms, many things can look similar especially early on when it's not distinct enough to make a call on, so be careful about reaching conclusions on this as well!
Hi there. I use 11 liter pots and i water untill i have a bit of run-off. My VPD isn´t perfect but it's manageable. I use a VPD table as a chart. In flower is around 25ºC and 45-50% RH.
I don´t use Ca-Mg normally. The base nutes already have some and i try not to overfeed the girls. But maybe i should start to add a bit around mid flower. Maybe 0.5ml/l or something like that.
I also lowered the speed of the top fan and directed it a bit higher, away from "direct impact" on the girls.
I thinks the buds are still fattening, the pistils are getting orange and it seems like it's going to work. Let's see.
Thanks.

VPD is more flexible than that chart may indicate IMO,... unless you're in the red!

That's fine to add a little in later on in the grow, Ca demand really does spike with blooming.... as long as you weren't dumping in dose after dose each feeding!

VPD is more flexible than that chart may indicate IMO,... unless you're in the red!

That's fine to add a little in later on in the grow, Ca demand really does spike with blooming.... as long as you weren't dumping in dose after dose each feeding!
I think i'm conservative with the feeding. Base nutes never go higher than 1.5ml/l, and the "suplements" never higher than 1ml/l.
I tried a small bud "oven dried" yesterday. Quite nice.

Back