Blueberry Skunk seedling not growing

_state_of_mind_

Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Today is Day 8 of my Blueberry Skunk and she doesn't seem to be taking off - I transplanted her to a 3 gallon fabric pot on Day 4 after her tap root came out of the rapid rooter and a bunch of side roots were also showing.

The grow medium is 70:30 coco:perlite. I buffered the coco, but forgot to ph down the water, so the coco was at 7.4 - I just flushed the pot today with PH 5.3 water and the coco PH is now around 6.1 to 6.2. I have fertigated her once yesterday with 50 PPM of nutes (PH of 5.8). I plan on fertigating her again tomorrow (since I flushed her today). She is under 550 PPFD of light (white and deep red) on 18/6 schedule. As you can see, the cotyledons are starting to turn pale/light green, so I am wondering if it's a nitrogen issue.

Please help - I really need this to succeed (need to make FECO for my dad's cancer). I tried germinating a bunch of other seeds and none of them germinated (wet paper towel method), so trying to tackle that issue too.

I have a grow dairy that I am updating daily - https://www.autoflower.org/threads/blueberry-skunk-auto.85896/

BlueberrySkunk-8.jpg

Make sure you do not overwater. She looks a bit stressed, presumably from the flush.

You will always fertigate with nutes in coco. Never water only. I run 150ppms for seedlings in coco. I think you need to up your ppms.

Good Luck on the coco grow. I'm too much a chicken s**t to try cause it seems pretty hands on intensive for me. As far as the paper towel method, don't feel alone, I kill em every time I try it so I stick to just dropping them into water 24 to 48 hrs. Have had em pop in 12 and take as long as 48 but almost all pop. Gotta give the seedling time to adjust to new environment, as in, it's effort is going into root production now to get ready for growth up top. Give her time.

Don't watch a seedling too closely, lol they don't do much. And you start to see things that aren't there. Nothing more to do at this point besides making sure they're not too dry and not too wet :smoking:

Make sure you do not overwater. She looks a bit stressed, presumably from the flush.

You will always fertigate with nutes in coco. Never water only. I run 150ppms for seedlings in coco. I think you need to up your ppms.

Understood - first time growing in coco. I didn't realize that I had to use nutes for every watering session.

Good Luck on the coco grow. I'm too much a chicken s**t to try cause it seems pretty hands on intensive for me. As far as the paper towel method, don't feel alone, I kill em every time I try it so I stick to just dropping them into water 24 to 48 hrs. Have had em pop in 12 and take as long as 48 but almost all pop. Gotta give the seedling time to adjust to new environment, as in, it's effort is going into root production now to get ready for growth up top. Give her time.
I couldn't agree more with you - this is my first attempt with coco. I am a newbie as it is - first attempt was with soil that ended in disaster due to spider mites and ended up with powdery mildew when I tried to tackle the mites (lost the entire plant).

Regarding germinating seeds, it's so hard to get it in the country that I am in, so every seed lost is painful. This time around, I am trying to do it for my dad, so all the more touchy about it, I guess.

In coco,water with nutes,5.8 ph,every day...even twice.

And this...

first time growing in coco, so learning something new everyday :)
Don't watch a seedling too closely, lol they don't do much. And you start to see things that aren't there. Nothing more to do at this point besides making sure they're not too dry and not too wet :smoking:
sounds the easiest, but for a newbie, probably the hardest thing to do. I hear you though - I will stop poking around.

Back