Blackberry forced itself to flower too soon? Bugs on ultimate?

Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Nothing
Hi all, i ve started journey with DP strains and i have a question to some more experienced folks here about my auto blackberry kush but first let me say something about tent and stuff i m using to give as much info as i can.
Tent - 80 cm x 80 cm x 180cm
Pots - 2x 15l fabric pot with coco 60/40 gold label
Light- 250w hps( for first 2 weeks i ve been using Mh bulb and after than i switched to Hps)
Distance light from plants - approx 50 cm

34cm Fan inside tent with regulation switch( now on 1/2 speed on first "gear")
Vent- rhino 420 m3/h + carbon filter
Light schedule - 18/6
Temp during day - 24- 25 °C and hum 60%
Temp during night- 18°C and hum about 70%
Feeding - tap water plus nuts - ec 0.7 ph 5.8 - everyday approx 300 ml each plant- . Or every 2 days if i see that girls dont drink too much- hand watering.
Nuts i m using- katana roots, canna coco a +b , cal mag.
Now my question is : is it normal that my blackberry kush started showing preflowers just at day 16 from seed and now it seems like plant stopped " growing and producing new branches" and instead started focusing on "making buds" on itself on main cola?? On picture enclosed you will see what i mean. At day 15 ( 30 jan)i moved both ( ultimate and blackberry ) from 1 litre pot to this 15l fabric pots and i m not sure what i ve done wrong becauase leaves are not fully green as in my previous 3 grows( one auto grow - big bang from ghs and 2 photoperiod grows). Auto Ultimate showed preflowers just 2 days ago but plant still want to grow - not like blackberry.
Today ultimate is 15 cm tall and blackberry 25 cm.
As one member asked me to look on my ultimate-last pic- i spotted on leaves small one mm bugs colour milky coffee or light brown :/ i ve never seen bugs like this. I ve seen also bottom of pot is wet and maybe thats causing them bugs to show up? Do you think guys i should change pot size from 15l to 5l or 11l or cut plants and start with new seeds? After last disaster with 11 photos which they showed up as hermies i almost gave up growing so if i need start with new seeds - i will do - as current ones are approx 23 days old( i mean in this grow - auto blackberry and auto ultimate). Other tent with photos is going well.

I m happy to see my blackberry started turning into purple but i see something is wrong. If any grower has got few secs to pop here and have a look - i would be very thankful as i ve seen on this forum monster plants from DP so you lads must be more experienced in gardening than me or have magic spells that turn plants into trees but i m still learning . do you think guys i should change light to 20/4? Or change size of pot?

Can anybody give me a hint how to upload nice proper pics ? Because i m trying now and they are like " cutted" and looks not as good as on my phone after taking them.
Thanks in advance for any help and happy growing trees fellas !

Update just now---

i ve just moved both plants to smaller pots. Blackberry into 5.5l pot and ultimate into 11l pot because i know what could happen in few days or weeks if i keep them in 15l pots - white fu##ing worms would start to show up due to dump environment as i had that issue in past with photos because roots didint reached bottom of pot and tadaaa problem created.
As i lifted each plant with both hands i saw that roots went deep max 10 cminside that fabric pot so for sure these ladies in this growdont like be transplanted like i did. For sure i needorder more seeds tommorow as i feel like these 2 plants wont give me much so its better to buy another 3 and definitely i will put them straight into 11l pots which worked for me well in last two grows. The reason i choosed now 15l was i saw nice big plants here on dp forum and i thought- i want also big trees so why not put them also in bigger pots but i didint know autos dont like transplantation. Everyday is a new lesson.

Attachments

• 20180207_175703.jpg
    20180207_175703.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 87
  • 20180207_183602.jpg
    20180207_183602.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 83
  • 20180207_175722.jpg
    20180207_175722.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 97
  • 20180207_183548.jpg
    20180207_183548.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Here are pics of changes from yesterday - pots reduced from 15l to 5.5l and 11l

Attachments

• 20180208_085601.jpg
    20180208_085601.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 64
  • 20180208_085607.jpg
    20180208_085607.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 65
  • 20180208_085614.jpg
    20180208_085614.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 64
Hey Wingsuit,

the yellow leaves look P def to me, to upload bigger pics click " Full Image " after uploading.
To double transplant autos like you did is a maximum of stress for the plants, choose a light cycle and stick with from seed to harvest---> autos don't like changes in the grow cycle.:pass:

Hi all, i ve started journey with DP strains and i have a question to some more experienced folks here about my auto blackberry kush but first let me say something about tent and stuff i m using to give as much info as i can.
Tent - 80 cm x 80 cm x 180cm
Pots - 2x 15l fabric pot with coco 60/40 gold label
Light- 250w hps( for first 2 weeks i ve been using Mh bulb and after than i switched to Hps)
Distance light from plants - approx 50 cm

34cm Fan inside tent with regulation switch( now on 1/2 speed on first "gear")
Vent- rhino 420 m3/h + carbon filter
Light schedule - 18/6
Temp during day - 24- 25 °C and hum 60%
Temp during night- 18°C and hum about 70%
Feeding - tap water plus nuts - ec 0.7 ph 5.8 - everyday approx 300 ml each plant- . Or every 2 days if i see that girls dont drink too much- hand watering.
Nuts i m using- katana roots, canna coco a +b , cal mag.
Now my question is : is it normal that my blackberry kush started showing preflowers just at day 16 from seed and now it seems like plant stopped " growing and producing new branches" and instead started focusing on "making buds" on itself on main cola?? On picture enclosed you will see what i mean. At day 15 ( 30 jan)i moved both ( ultimate and blackberry ) from 1 litre pot to this 15l fabric pots and i m not sure what i ve done wrong becauase leaves are not fully green as in my previous 3 grows( one auto grow - big bang from ghs and 2 photoperiod grows). Auto Ultimate showed preflowers just 2 days ago but plant still want to grow - not like blackberry.
Today ultimate is 15 cm tall and blackberry 25 cm.
As one member asked me to look on my ultimate-last pic- i spotted on leaves small one mm bugs colour milky coffee or light brown :/ i ve never seen bugs like this. I ve seen also bottom of pot is wet and maybe thats causing them bugs to show up? Do you think guys i should change pot size from 15l to 5l or 11l or cut plants and start with new seeds? After last disaster with 11 photos which they showed up as hermies i almost gave up growing so if i need start with new seeds - i will do - as current ones are approx 23 days old( i mean in this grow - auto blackberry and auto ultimate). Other tent with photos is going well.

I m happy to see my blackberry started turning into purple but i see something is wrong. If any grower has got few secs to pop here and have a look - i would be very thankful as i ve seen on this forum monster plants from DP so you lads must be more experienced in gardening than me or have magic spells that turn plants into trees but i m still learning . do you think guys i should change light to 20/4? Or change size of pot?

Can anybody give me a hint how to upload nice proper pics ? Because i m trying now and they are like " cutted" and looks not as good as on my phone after taking them.
Thanks in advance for any help and happy growing trees fellas !

Update just now---

i ve just moved both plants to smaller pots. Blackberry into 5.5l pot and ultimate into 11l pot because i know what could happen in few days or weeks if i keep them in 15l pots - white fu##ing worms would start to show up due to dump environment as i had that issue in past with photos because roots didint reached bottom of pot and tadaaa problem created.
As i lifted each plant with both hands i saw that roots went deep max 10 cminside that fabric pot so for sure these ladies in this growdont like be transplanted like i did. For sure i needorder more seeds tommorow as i feel like these 2 plants wont give me much so its better to buy another 3 and definitely i will put them straight into 11l pots which worked for me well in last two grows. The reason i choosed now 15l was i saw nice big plants here on dp forum and i thought- i want also big trees so why not put them also in bigger pots but i didint know autos dont like transplantation. Everyday is a new lesson.
I'm growing bbk dutch passion and my girls started to flower early so I think it's normal .I had the same question .seems you beat me to it [emoji28]
55747c5628580afba41a9078464c1107.jpg

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I'm growing bbk dutch passion and my girls started to flower early so I think it's normal .I had the same question .seems you beat me to it [emoji28]

Also try to never transplant it slows growth especially if they are autos

:toke:.... hmm, a lot going wrong here mate,... Big picture: you're treating the coco like true soil, and that's always going to cause problems with growth,... also, way too much perlite; one of the best reasons to grow in coco is it high breathability, so too much perlite is not only redundant, it's lowers the nutrient holding capacity,... this kind of set up typically is run as drain-to-waste, with 15-20% run-off each time, which purges regularly any build-up of nutes..... In coco, never water alone, always with weak nutes/Ca-Mg if needed (may not need the extra if using coco-dedicated nutes)... unlike soil, you monitor the EC/ppm's of run-off to make sure it's not getting too loaded with nute excess,.. anyway, lots of do's and don'ts with coco... have you researched all this, and it's weird CEC (cation exchange capacity) characteristics? dealing with this is main reason for many of the do's and don't's...
I see no mention of pH, which [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] critical thing to watch! Actual in-pot pH is what needs to be monitored, but also you nute solution,... you may have a problem there too,..coco likes to run at about 6.0 give or take 0.2,.... if that's off, and nutes are locked out, then adding more likely will make matters worse! until that determined, and corrected if needed, it's a pure gamble,...
Transplanting is fine if done at the right time, with perfect sizing along the way, not an easy skill to learn,.. best use final pots and leave them,... root damage from the transplant at this stage will further hinder blooming,.... not much to be done now mate, runts it is this round,...:doh:
It's true DP autos tend to get large,...if happy!

Hi buddy - how old your lady is now? :) thank you razor and TheMongol for advice and i wont transplant autos again in future in my growing adventures. Waira- big thank you for your time to pop here and for look on my poor ladies and your opinion about them. I dont use perlite at all mate so i reckon you mean clay pebbels in this mix coco 60/40? And you recommend use plain coco? Today after work i will research about CEC as i ve never heard about it, and i will start checking in-pot ph. If you said not much can be done now - i will let them two girls grow( if they wont get mad and make a protest :) ) its my second auto grow and i want learn as much as possible to make this and next grows better. It looks like i have a lot to read later today as i want give my girls best conditions to live :) when i will be better in our hobby for sure i will start journal to share :)

:smoking: you're welcome bud,... next round, consider using a nice soil and a "supersoil" amendment, like Mephisto/GBD dry mix you add to soil for water only care!.... or Biotabs, if you're in EU,... Coco is a tough learning curve for a new grower, and has more in common with hydro, that true soil in many ways,... it's a great medium, you can use smaller size pots and grow huge plants if you have the time and/or set-up,... but hand feeding, tinkering with nutes/supplements, pH, EC/TDS, managing all the run-off,... it's no cake-walk!

Back