Live Stoners Big Question

Reaction score
I'm new to the site, but have been growing for 4+ years. I started with autos, white russian, and NY Diesel. They were regulars and I made seeds. I rarely grow them anymore, as the yield is rather disappointing. With the newer varieties available, I thought I would look into the autos again.

Currently I have a 10x10 bloom room with 4 600w HPS, and 4 120w tri color LEDs. Plus I have a 6x10 veg room. I live in mountains in socal, around 5000 feet. Our outdoor season is basically 1 June - 30 August with snow/hail on either end.

I am looking at the autos again with the intention of growing one, or maybe two outdoor crops.

I have seen the Mazar, Cheese, and a few other big yielding autos, but my question is almost more philosophical. As my intention is to get fast finishers more so than autos, and something that finishes fast no matter the length of light it gets, and it would be really sweet if one could also go from seed to clones, why is Dr Greenthumb's Iranian so, what would the term be, taboo on this site?

I have never grown the Dr's stuff, but was thinking, if you can keep a girl in veg as long as she has 24/0 light, then anything less will kick her into bloom, with big yields, what's not to like?

I very well could be way out there, totally wrong, or barking up the wrong tree, that being said, can one of you give me a clue?

Thanks!
Jay

btw, I am currently growing GHS ChemDawg, GHS Super Lemon Haze, Reserve's OG, and an occasional free seed from Attitude.

Dr Greenthumb's Iranian is not an auto it has different genes

Also i hear loads of people banging on about this strain but never seen a diary on it sounds suss to me

theres plenty of strains out the like that that will flower at 18/6 such as early sativa mighty mite ect..

skeptic-cat1.jpg

why is Dr Greenthumb's Iranian so, what would the term be, taboo on this site?
Price is/was generally considered a complete ripoff. I haven't looked at them in a couple years though.

There are other options, including very early closing photo strains. I'm pretty sure one of the breeders I test for (indoors) has some that would close by, or around, Aug 30 (HighRise). I haven't grown any auto's outdoors but I am very confident I could avg about 3 zips per plant, with most strains, using a decent bag of mix and ferts. I'm not sure what kind of yield you're looking to get in a short season... But, with 4+ years experience, you should be able to count on that, I would think.

Hope this helps. X

Dr Greenthumb's Iranian is not an auto it has different genes

Also i hear loads of people banging on about this strain but never seen a diary on it sounds suss to me

theres plenty of strains out the like that that will flower at 18/6 such as early sativa mighty mite ect..

Don, me too, as far as being skeptical, and not seeing any reviews except for the ones from him, or a tester for him (Dr Gruber).

Why I don't think a regular photo with early finisher won't work is because we don't get to a decent 12x12 until August. I have grown outside before, lots of autos, which did fine, small yield though, but regulars won't even begin to flower until 4 weeks before the first freeze.

Thanks!

Price is/was generally considered a complete ripoff. I haven't looked at them in a couple years though.

There are other options, including very early closing photo strains. I'm pretty sure one of the breeders I test for (indoors) has some that would close by, or around, Aug 30 (HighRise). I haven't grown any auto's outdoors but I am very confident I could avg about 3 zips per plant, with most strains, using a decent bag of mix and ferts. I'm not sure what kind of yield you're looking to get in a short season... But, with 4+ years experience, you should be able to count on that, I would think.

Hope this helps. X

Testerx, 3 zips per would be really good, and certainly what I'm looking for. I'll check out the high rise gear, thanks!

I have a few fast strains the patriot med Sk1xggxgg and Fast Bionic Guerrilla (Blubonic x gg3) x auto GG are super fast and can finish from aug 25th to sept 10th...and have good mold resistance.

An auto will finish also but be carefull there are autos from 60-150 days pick very carefully... most autos are not bred for northern growing and mold is commonly an issue.

yes autos can be tricky outside... select a good outside auto!!!

or go LS nd gethighrise gear... you WONT be dissapointed.. :2cents: :smokebuds:

run highrise 3-4 weeks prior to putting out at 18/6 o 16/8 hourslight... then wehn you go out june 15th or so... light hours will be decresing right frmom the getgo to induce flowering before you early cold season... also... mine held to 26 deg F just fine here.. :toke:

Welcome to the AFN! :D We're glad to have you. It seems you're getting some great help. Take care!

Back