Indoor BC’s reproduction projects

I didn't know you messed with photos :doh: Guessing you have a pollen donor in mind :pass:
Hoping for a reproduction of Killerskunk for preservation. UGORG has not released for awhile. Looking for a nice male/female and also just started a Livers Bx from Mephisto. That will receive some male pollen for a photo to auto cross, if all goes well. Not sure which “blues/livers” Mitch used.

Killerskunk repro is a bust, and disappointing. All 4 survivors are males. One of the males carries that sweet skunk aroma. His pollen will get saved for a future project, and get applied to a Livers Bx for future work.
55690038-460E-450D-8EBF-9C8E0DE5B9D3.jpeg
5577B2AE-C49D-41F3-89D7-8D190B92A7C9.jpeg

Killerskunk repro is a bust, and disappointing. All 4 survivors are males. One of the males carries that sweet skunk aroma. His pollen will get saved for a future project, and get applied to a Livers Bx for future work.
Hi BC! :bighug:... I hope all's well enough out your way.... Has the damn heatwave broke for you yet? 😵‍💫

Sucky to see that shell-hell has queered this repro, what a drag!
I have literally a kit to deal with this, and it is like minor surgery-:rofl: ..tedious and tricky to do without damaging the cot's or stem and root...
Stamp tweezers, toothpick, a hit of wetting agent loaded water and your best pair of glasses! :rolleyes2:
Getting safe position and purchase on the case halves is the tricky part, to force the split and not tweak the tender stem... More often than not that membrane will stick as well, so teasing that off is no less tricky!
I think that's the problem sometimes, if it gets dry it becomes like a damn shrink wrap and restricts the cot's expanding and case shedding...

This is another reason why I've been doing the side seam sanding trick these days, it seems to help reduce this occurring. I tend to bury the seed a bit deeper and orient it after the soaking/cracking stage in hatch solution so the radical has an easy shot to shoot right down and the shell to get some dragging action on its way up... depth is a good 1cm+ at least...

I'm well under way but haven't got a thread up yet-- lagger! :rolleyes1: ....photo's going; first round of auto's I nearly killed with a butter fingers incident during transplant! :yoinks:-- root shocked for sure, and they are showing it :cuss:
I will do a 2nd Lil'Stick for sure, maybe on the Dead Skunk too. we'll see.... Early bloom now, does look promising in a mini-me sort of way- :rofl:

A little love for the boyz. Two
EB067302-2CA7-4EDD-BF32-EA5084B1829A.jpeg
18D3DA3E-536A-4102-BF71-16307A718EA1.jpeg
2C8FDAD4-4306-4B9C-8F83-A8D6CB8C9CB8.jpeg
Killerskunk males, but the superior male is on the right. Perfect structure, sweet skunky and loud. He will get the nod, and extra pollen frozen.

Hanging in @Waira but nothing is shaking out as expected this summer. Get those plants going and pictures up!!
Definitely get a 2nd Lil Thai Stick going! Great plant, easy feeder, great yielder and clean buzz. What’s not to love?
No growing for flower here this summer, aside from the OD UEL volunteers in the veggie patch and a deck Mowie Wowie clone. If they finish, great. If not, nbd.
Enjoying the Northern Berry very much and you were so right about the lighter effects of blueberry pheno.
Both phenos carry the affy stone, but the blueberry is much less heavy, yet equally relaxing. A very easy to enjoy, anytime effect.
Planning a little more compare/contrast tonight before a write up.

Big thanks @Mossy !! :bighug::bighug::bighug::love:The importance of the male shouldn’t be overlooked. Mostly, we tend to use smallish containers and do the deed as soon as they start to spill. The selected boy will get to finish strong.

Many breeders tend to place a greater importance on mom for photo to auto projects. Fifty percent of the genetic material is donated by the male, and I’m hopeful this boy carries that skunky goodness to his progeny.

You are Spot On @BCBudlady ... :bighug: ...Males Matter ....

#StudMuffins :woody:... IMO lots of their attributes ... including smell . don't Start to show until minimum 2 weeks after sex...most people don't have the time/space to watch that through....:pass:

I'm a compulsive ball counter.....:biggrin:.... everything has to match up...... before anything else....

Perfect Balance.. Perfect genetics...mis-matched balance... still a fight for dominance going on in it... unstable.

20240524194327_IMG_9865~2.JPG

Shame..........huh.......?...........:crying:... #HappyFriday. :bighug:

Back