OLD REVIEWS Barney's Farm Auto Blue Mammoth Grow/smoke/med report w/pics

G.Leave

Cultivators Club
Reaction score
SeedBank : Barney's Farm

Strain: Auto Blue Mammoth

Did it autoflower?: No it did not autoflower. It was light sensitive though(I think) and went into flower early july when she was around 8-9 weeks old, shortly after the light period started to shorten.

Soil/hydro:
Soil

Nutes:
2 gallons horse manure mixed with hardwood leaf compost, foxfarm trio for flower and 2 weeks at the end using AN budcandy and overdrive.

Light (kind and schedule): May 15th start under X4 t8 flouros. In the ground june 1st with natural sun for 7-8 hours. Harvested on august 15th.

From seed to harvest date: 13weeks (taken 2 weeks early due to mold starting)

Dry Yield: 100g sweet for an early cut!!

High/Effect Duration: Excellent pain medication! I've been smoking for a couple of days now and I find the pain control is really quite good! Nice relaxing body stone.

In-depth

RATE SCALE: * bad to ***** good

BAG APPEAL: *** Loose airy buds but excellent crystal formation...might be lowballing this score as I did cut early due to mold.

THE GROWTH: *** - Rating this score low for she did not autoflower as she should have. Good strong grower though, she just keep vegging forever it seemed at times. In the end she was a trained 54" main stalk with 36" side branches. I did LST the plant and though she had a 54" stalk her max height was only 30" from the ground. I also supercropped this plant(one site per secondary branch) and also did some minor defoliating of the main cola and secondary branches.

THE SMELL: **** - Quite a nice strong smell. Might sound odd but to me it smelled like watermelons that were sprayed by a skunk. Unique odour, one I have never smelled before.

THE SMOKE: **** - Very smooth, easy on the lungs in either the vape or in a joint. Taste is nothing like smell. Its has a pretty strong pine/pepper taste which is quite nice. I have never experienced cheese genes before so I can't compare. Very nice smoke.

THE HIGH: **** - For what's supposed to be a low thc strain it packs quite a punch to the body! Not a superstrong head high, but you do know you are stoned after a joint! Nice body buzz which myself and another chronic pain patient feel the same positive effect on pain control.

Mold Resistance *** - Where she grew gets little direct sun until 11:30 am so mold was an issue. Most branches had just a single small speck of mold and I lost just 2-3 grams as I decided to harvest early. Really not that bad considering every morning this summer there was a thick carpet of dew.

Med Effect Chronic Pain **** - the more I smoke of this strain the more I think its even more effective on pain then dutch passion blueberry.

Med Effect Insomnia **** - might be a little early for such a high grade, but last night at midnight I filled up around .5 of a gram and smoke it in 5 consecutive vapourizer bags from my arizer extreme Q. Less than an hour later I headed off to bed and slept very well.

Full plant overview pic
IMG_2934.JPG

Main cola pic. Main cola was almost solid 12".

IMG_2936.JPG

Closeup of bud showing a speck of mold...almost every branch had a speck of mold...good move on the early cut!
IMG_2938.JPG

Trimmed

IMG_2941.JPG

Decent crystal count on this specimen though!

IMG_2940.JPG

All in all I was really quite impressed with the Auto Blue mammoth. Barney's farm lists this as being a 70 day finisher and is supposed to yield 15-20grams? but certainly wasn't in my garden taking 100 days. (could have went 110 easy)

Last edited:
Nice even though she didn't auto she turned out perfectly killing pain with a nice stone sounds diggable to me looks nice also 912greenskell great job.and a watermelon skunk sounds awesome also.

Nice even though she didn't auto she turned out perfectly killing pain with a nice stone sounds diggable to me looks nice also 912greenskell great job.and a watermelon skunk sounds awesome also.

Thanks bud! I am super happy the way she turned out!! Very interesting smoke for sure! And thanks very much for the rep dank!

I should do an update on this thread. This strain was a pleasure to grow and the med effect was definitely there. Both myself and another chronic pain sufferer found it to be quite beneficial. I also found to be pretty effective for getting sleep after a good vaping session. Now the tincture made out of the ABM was amazing on pain control. Best we've used yet.

Hey thanks tony..its all about trying to find the perfect strains that jive with me.

So I was just having a look at this review and there really should be a revision.

BAG APPEAL: *** Loose airy buds but excellent crystal formation...might be lowballing this score as I did cut early due to mold.
This is marked low for sure...especially considering the location only receives 8 hours of direct sun, tapering down to 7 by harvest.

Quite a plant! and an excellently detailed report! Hard to keep fungus at bay when you grow such righteously huge bushes, good rescue job, got your good meds, bottom line

Quite a plant! and an excellently detailed report! Hard to keep fungus at bay when you grow such righteously huge bushes, good rescue job, got your good meds, bottom line

Hey thanks bud. The problem with mold in this particular location is the extremely limited direct sun coupled with heavy daily early morning dew. Most days dew sits on the plants until 2-3pm, so a few cool and cloudy days spawns mold like crazy.

Great wee read thanks for the link much respect

Back