Indoor Autotron does DP, HSO, Mephisto and Fastbuds - 400w HPS Kindsoil

Autotron

I used to smoke weed. I still do,but I used to too
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Cartridges from a melange of old frows
Hey folks,

Just wrapped up a fairly successful run of some Mephistos and a Fastbuds Blackberry and have some beauties at various stages that I wanted to share.
Currently I have a Dutch Passion Night Queen coming to it's end within the next few days and the following younguns:

Mephisto Ripley's OG - waiting for this to germ any day now
Dutch Passion Glueberry OG - waiting for this to germ any day now
Dutch Passion Euforia - born on 9/12
Dutch Passion Durban Poison - born on 9/12
FastBuds Gorilla Glue - waiting for this to germ any day now
HSO UK Cheese - born on 9/12

Before I get started, here's the details of my setup:

Tent size - 4'x4' with carbon filter and Vortex fan.

Lighting - I have an adjustable 400w digital ballast and an adjustable 1000w digital ballast. Both made by iPower and can be adjusted to 50/75/100% power. I aim to stick with only the 400w, but we'll see how it goes.

Pot size - 3 gallon fabric smart pots

Nutrients - Organic grow. Half a 5 pound bag of Kindsoil in bottom of each pot for 2.5 pounds in each pot, covered with straight Biobizz Lightmix. Seeds planted directly in soil with a sprinkle of Great White in the hole of final pot with a plastic cup over the top to keep the soil from drying out until it's established. I also use Great White, Recharge, Mammoth P, organic kelp extract, FF Big Bloom and General Organics Cal-Mag at varying times to keep the soil and roots happy and lively.

Here is the Night Queen, almost ready to come down. Huge bright smelling buds with foxtails that smell just like a Skittles candy when you touch them.
1020170027a.jpg

Here's everyone in the tent:
1020170027.jpg
1020170027_HDR.jpg

Euforia and Durban Poison getting some serious LST which has really proven successful. I've got that main cola winding around like a staircase and the side branches have had great opportunity to get taller and help build a bushy profile:
1020170033_HDR.jpg
1020170035_HDR.jpg
1020170036.jpg

1020170027c.jpg

The younguns waiting to sprout:
1020170027d.jpg

Attachments

• 1020170027b.jpg
    1020170027b.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 84
The Night Queen got the chop yesterday at 100 days old. It was still shooting out white pistils, but I had to draw the line. This plant was dense from top to bottom. Not a whole lot of popcorn bud. About 4-7 donkey dick colas that just kept fattening throughout with little foxtails. I don't have excessive light or heat issues, so I don't think these were "bad" foxtails. I tried out this technique called "back-building" which is simply lightly snipping the tips of the main colas in mid-flower. It's supposed to trick the plant into fattening up the colas by thinking that it can't grow any taller. Perhaps this was why they got so fat and foxy. Very pleasing sweet citrus smell to the cut buds and tons of resin. I can't wait to try the final result. This strain is a keeper. Great job with the genetics @DutchPassionTony !

The young ones sprouted yesterday and look quite healthy. I'm super psyched for the Durban Poison and Euforia in particular! They're 43 days old at the moment and I can see they have some ways to go yet, which is OK by me. If my sample pack of dry amendments doesn't come soon, I may have to top dress each pot with a tablespoon or so of high phosphorus guano so that they don't run into any P deficits like myself and others have experienced with the Kindsoil. Gotta stay ahead of the game when it comes to organics.

@DutchPassionTony Do any of these strains have particular nutrient or care needs that you can share with me?

I got my sample pack of Roots Organic Uprising recently, so was itching to use it ASAP to ward off any of the deficiencies I had with my previous plants grown in Kindsoil.

The big girls are all 49 days old today, but I can tell they have a ways to go yet. I've never top-dressed or used dry amendments, so I was very cautious. I carefully scraped away an inch or two of the top layer of soil around the base of the plants and moved it towards the edges. I got to the point where I could just see a couple of the big roots branching off from the main stem. I sprinkled two teaspoons each of the Uprising Bloom and Foundation evenly around the exposed area and then covered it with probably 5-10 tablespoons of worm castings. I then very gently mixed it up a bit with a a spoon and pushed the soil back over the amendments and worm castings. I gently watered the plants(added a bit of Great White, Recharge and Mammoth P to the water), paying attention to the center to make sure it got saturated sufficiently.

For the week old seedlings, I did the same thing, but only used one teaspoon of Uprising Grow and Foundation and about half the amount of worm castings. I tried to keep it all a little further from the center so as not to disrupt the roots or burn them.

Looking for a little guidance from @Dudeski and @Eyes on Fire here. @Dudeski does this approach and amount of Uprising sound OK for plants of this age? How have you used it in the past?

For both @Eyes on Fire and @Dudeski is this how you top dress appropriately? Should I have spread it wider or more towards the surface? Is there much risk of burning with these types and amounts of dry organic amendments?

I dont move any soil around, i just sprinkle on top and water in. The foundation has a lot of good stuff in it and shouldn't burn. The grow and bloom have a chance at that so watch them. I use it all the time and water it in. Apply it weekly. They have a schedule on the website i "kinda" follow. The bloom will help supplement the KS.

You could dissolve the nutes in water if you wanted to but im lazy. I think it allows for a slower release rate applied to the surface.

When using the foundation i use one tsp of it and one of the others. I think thats how the chart reads for a light feed. I think you will be pleased with the uprising!

I dont move any soil around, i just sprinkle on top and water in. The foundation has a lot of good stuff in it and shouldn't burn. The grow and bloom have a chance at that so watch them. I use it all the time and water it in. Apply it weekly. They have a schedule on the website i "kinda" follow. The bloom will help supplement the KS.

You could dissolve the nutes in water if you wanted to but im lazy. I think it allows for a slower release rate applied to the surface.

Yikes, I added two teaspoons of Foundation and Bloom to the big ones, so I really hope they don't burn. Gonna have to be careful going forward. Thanks for the advice!

Its ok. If you gave them a good watering it should handle the feed . Im really pleased with the whole player pack, just started using the guano.

Back