Grow Mediums Autopot Copper disk, up, down, in tray, in pot...Im confused!!!! :-)

MassMom

Just watchin my daughter enjoy my harvest!
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
I dont....I grow to help others :-)
I am confused. Someone please help out a mom.

One video says place the copper root control disk side down in the pot.
The other one says place it copper side up in the tray?????
:dizzy:
Also, what is this black matrix disk in video [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG]? I never got those in my kit. Video says it keeps soil from falling through pot.

Last edited:
I would follow the instructions from Autopots. Their instructions say gold face down, inside the pots. That’s how i do mine.

I would follow the instructions from Autopots. Their instructions say gold face down, inside the pots. That’s how i do mine.

the wierd thing is, one of the videos I posted above that says put them copper face up in the tray IS Autopots. One site says one thing, second site says another. confusing.

the wierd thing is, one of the videos I posted above that says put them copper face up in the tray IS Autopots. One site says one thing, second site says another. confusing.
That appears to be the same thing but in two pieces almost. In my set one side of the mat is black and the other copper. Copper side goes below the black side. I think it would work the same way. If you only have one mat and it’s copper on one side only, go copper side down, in the pot. That’s what makes sense to me at least.

I'll say, I have followed these demos and had severe root blow outs out the bottom of the pot mid grow. Last two grows I have placed a RCD in the pot golf side down and also, a RCD in the tray, gold side up. No root blow out so I am sticking with this.

I'll say, I have followed these demos and had severe root blow outs out the bottom of the pot mid grow. Last two grows I have placed a RCD in the pot golf side down and also, a RCD in the tray, gold side up. No root blow out so I am sticking with this.
I saw a few of these blowouts, WOW!!...but on the good side you must be doing something right because root growth and size is what we want! ......excellent grows by the way.

You don't need black matrix disc.
Just put copper disc in the tray or in the pot. Copper must facing UP. Because when roots hits copper, they will NOT grow anymore. It's a science!
yes that is what i was thinking. if hitting the copper makes the roots change direction or stop....then logically the gold disk must be facing the roots. either in the pot or in the tray, they must face the roots. xoxo

I asked Autopots.uk and their answer was read the brochure. LMAO

Back