Reaction score
Hey guys!
This is my first grow! I am posting this a little late as its day 27 for my feminzied auto white widow from ministry of cannabis, I plan on doing regular updates. I currently am growing in a 36×36×32 grow box i built, I currently have her under 4 cfl lights(3 6500k, 1 2700k) my temps are usually between 75-82 my humidity has been a problem its in the 30% range most of the time, she's currently on 20/4 light cycle. I'm growing in soil I picked up at home depot called ecosrapes and mixed it with 30% perlite, stuff isnt that hot so i started feeding her nutrients on week 3 because her growth had really slowed down, shes resonded well and I havent seen any nutirent burn she currently gets fed a teaspoon of seaweed extract and a teaspoon ff grow big in a gallon of distilled water every other watering, I pH my solutions down to 6.8 every time. I also started LST about 5 days ago. I've just started to have a fungus gnat problem, I've seen 3-4 of them flying around this past week but so far havent seen any larva in the top 2 inches of my soil. I plan on treating them my next water using 1 part 3% hydrogen peroxide and 4 parts water I've read this is effective. I do have some other concerns shes working on her 6th node but hasnt shown her sex at all is this normal? Shes also only around 8 inches tall. So far I've only been watering with a cup of water each watering to avoid overwatering, when should I increase the amount of water I give her and how much more water should I use? The Browning on my tips I believe are coming from the fungus gnats I'll include pictures but hasnt gotten serious yet, besides that she seems really healthy and happy. Any advice or information is greatly appreciated guys!
1490894687006348697648.jpg
1490894854289186481666.jpg
1490899261295-1772054906.jpg

Last edited:
plant a clove of garlic in your pot.... no more knats or any other pest.

in mean time at 1 tsp dish detergent to a quart of water, use spray bottle and mist on the buggies..it smothers them and does not harm plants

wanna increase humidity, mist some water on the plants just before lights out.

add a tsp of epsom salts to a gallon of water, and use that to light mist nightly the leaves....gives them great perkiness, and they can absorb Mg that way too!

wanna increase humidity, mist some water on the plants just before lights out.

add a tsp of epsom salts to a gallon of water, and use that to light mist nightly the leaves....gives them great perkiness, and they can absorb Mg that way too!
Thanks ! I'll definitely try using the garlic clover as a precaution for pests, unfortunately I found a fungus gnats larva yesterday. )-:

good luck.

also made a neat discovery today.

I have an autoflower planted in my basil gardin amongst my lime basil....

the crystals on her smell like citrus compared to same strain in my tent.

now i know what im dual planting in my tent pots!!!

Update!
Todays Day 30 for my white widow! Yesterday I notice the pistils and am very excited to be almost at the halfway point in my first grow!
20170402_123737.jpg

Update today is day 33 for the white widow, I've had more brown spots pop i think this is because of nute burn i will be flushing my soil out today, she has really started too show pistils! pictures below any advice helps thanks guys!
update i tested my runn off water today ppm was 512 and the ph was 7, any idea whats causing the Browning?
20170405_150425.jpg
20170405_150414.jpg
20170405_150501.jpg

Last edited:
Day 36
Sorry for inconsistent uploads I've had alot of work recently, 2 days ago i received my 300 watt led light, i placed the white widow under it yesterday about 16 inchs away, the plant quickly went into shock and after posting in the infirmary yesterday I was told to keep the light 2 feet away. It's 2 feet away now and my plant is still in shock unsure how long recovery will take or of there is another problem. Temps are in around 75 humidity 35, I'll update daily from here on. Thanks everyone for the advice and support this first grow is harder then i expected pics are from last night.
20170407_234647.jpg
20170407_234536.jpg

Back