Around 50 RH in Grove bags.

Reaction score
I recently chopped my first plant. It dried for 6 days in 60/60 conditions, I was aiming for 8 days but something came up and that would not have been possible. I dry trimmed, and put them into grove bags with a hygrometer to get a reading. It was reading close to 70, so I took the buds and aired them out for a while. Rebagged them and waited about 24 hours. Came back and still it was at around 66%. I again repeated the process of laying all the buds out for an hour or two and rebagged. 24 hours later when I checked again, the humidity was at 65%. At this same time I happened to be reading a post on this site about sweating with paper bags for a bit before placing in grove bags. So before I went into my grow room to take care of all my plants, I took my buds and put them in a paper bag all laid out. They were like this for maybe 2 hours. I came back and bagged them up. So 24 hours after this, I came to check my hygrometer. To my disdain, it was 53%. That was one day ago. Today my humidity is still 53%. So my questions. Is my cure ruined? How can I improve my cure for next time other than having it be longer dry and sweating before bagging?

I recently chopped my first plant. It dried for 6 days in 60/60 conditions, I was aiming for 8 days but something came up and that would not have been possible. I dry trimmed, and put them into grove bags with a hygrometer to get a reading. It was reading close to 70, so I took the buds and aired them out for a while. Rebagged them and waited about 24 hours. Came back and still it was at around 66%. I again repeated the process of laying all the buds out for an hour or two and rebagged. 24 hours later when I checked again, the humidity was at 65%. At this same time I happened to be reading a post on this site about sweating with paper bags for a bit before placing in grove bags. So before I went into my grow room to take care of all my plants, I took my buds and put them in a paper bag all laid out. They were like this for maybe 2 hours. I came back and bagged them up. So 24 hours after this, I came to check my hygrometer. To my disdain, it was 53%. That was one day ago. Today my humidity is still 53%. So my questions. Is my cure ruined? How can I improve my cure for next time other than having it be longer dry and sweating before bagging?
Just add a Boost 62% or Boveda 62% to the bag to get it back up. If you have plants growing that could tolerate defoliating you can add moisture back with fan leaves also.

Just add a Boost 62% or Boveda 62% to the bag to get it back up. If you have plants growing that could tolerate defoliating you can add moisture back with fan leaves also.

Thank you I'll add a couple leaves to the bag. I have a plant that could stand a bit of defoliation. If that does not work then I'll do the Boveda pack.

Thank you I'll add a couple leaves to the bag. I have a plant that could stand a bit of defoliation. If that does not work then I'll do the Boveda pack.
A couple leaves go a long ways. But it is a great way to get moisture back into overdried buds. Do you have a moisture meter to actually check the moisture content of the buds? That seems to be a more reliable way to know where your buds are in the drying/curing process. Here’s a chart that tells you ideal levels for each stage.
3EE9084D-4231-4738-9E9E-73C9F3C95F77.jpeg

This large text ignores vaporizing. What is the optimal level for use in common vaporizers?

[I like it very dry, way beyond what joint smokers would accept. For me (vaporizing), water vapor at the level good for joints is just a diluting non-active component, a contaminant, with water vaporization also wasting and slowing down heating].

Back