Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, first person to answer correctly, wins.....here we go......

In a Perdue University study by their Engineering Department, Stundents declared the number of licks it took to reach the center of a tootsie pop...
How many licks did it take with the human tongue machine?

We have a WINNER! @Eyeoftheworld for the WIN!!!:clapper: Congrats to you for a very nice piece of glass! I'll get this out to you next week after the post tonnage is sorted, so your new piece doesnt get crushed!!! PM me your address with glass bong in the PM and you will be pulling fat rips off this thing in no time!:thumbsup:

"A group of engineering students from Purdue University reported that its licking machine, modeled after a human tongue, took an average of 364 licks to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop. Twenty of the group's volunteers assumed the licking challenge-unassisted by machinery-and averaged 252 licks each to the center."

No matter what some university says, we all know the correct answer is three!
should have led with that, it was a trick question with 2 answers!:biggrin:

@briman
this was my google : http://www.medicaldaily.com/tootsie...icks-it-takes-get-center-based-science-321802

The findings reveal a peculiar but consistent shape emerges and then persists before eventually vanishing. This same shape or “sculpture” is seen regardless of the candy’s initial form and the speed of the water flow. Applying this theory to a lollipop, researchers found it takes an estimated 1,000 licks to get to the center, while it takes 2,500 licks to get to the center of a Tootsie pop, Time magazine reported. The difference in licks is mainly due to a Tootsie pop’s diameter size: 1.063 inches. While the Tootsie pop finding is the most impressive for those who were curious, the theory can be used for research in geology and pharmaceutical science.

We have a WINNER! @Eyeoftheworld for the WIN!!!:clapper: Congrats to you for a very nice piece of glass! I'll get this out to you next week after the post tonnage is sorted, so your new piece doesnt get crushed!!! PM me your address with glass bong in the PM and you will be pulling fat rips off this thing in no time!:thumbsup:

"A group of engineering students from Purdue University reported that its licking machine, modeled after a human tongue, took an average of 364 licks to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop. Twenty of the group's volunteers assumed the licking challenge-unassisted by machinery-and averaged 252 licks each to the center."

should have led with that, it was a trick question with 2 answers!:biggrin:
Thanks @briman !!!
:bighug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back