Aphids and Thrips with 1 Week to Go

If you have amber I think you can beat the bugs to harvest. I would not apply anything else. Soap will need to be washed off when you harvest. I have used a baking soda/ lemon wash then fresh water in the past and it worked well. Just google bud washing for the specifics.
Good timing - I was planning on calling Safer tomorrow to ask if I should reapply their insect killer. It's not easy seeing what's happening with the plants. Leaves are yellowing and brittle. Water consumption is up from weeks ago even though RH has been 48-56% so the plants still trooping along.

Whenever I have a bad insect outbreak in my space I nuke it with a Hot Shot for a couple of days after I clean up from the grow. That shit is so poisonous be sure you can isolate it from your living space. It can get into all of the nooks and crannies to kill anything that might be hiding there.

The race is on............ :goodluck:.
Yeh, the race is on! Good way to put it.

I'll check out Hot Shot.

Now that I'm on the final approach, I'm thinking about the next grow. I've got seeds for photos but I'm considering doing autos again. Aside from the insect issue, everything went smoothly and I'd like to build on that experience. Plus, it's nice to not have to worry about SoCal's power outages. Leaving open the tent and not worry about lights is a bonus.

Score one for the home team!
The Safer's did some good but they're still in the plants. I pulled of a few leaves over the course of the week and there were a few aphids on the undersides. Good news is that I haven't seen any thrips. And the ants didn't stay long.

I pretty much had got rid of the thrips on my outside plants but hot weather rolled back in the last 10 days and they're back with a vengeance. Most of the plants are to loaded with buds to use spray so I've been going out for over an hour in the evenings and hunting them down. Easy enough to see by eye but use my old Sherlock Holmes magnifying glass to spot more. Can scan the leaves fast with that and catch lots you'd miss. PITA but keeping the numbers down so little damage is being done. I have 2 - 2:1 CBD females I was going to pollinate with pollen frrom their brother but they are so tall and scrawny and are barely putting out any flowers so I might just scrap that strain as they seem to be thrip magnets more than anything.

Sounds like Biblical stuff! Plagues and all.

Forest fires - What state?

I in SoCal and it's not winter so no doubt something's burning somewhere in CA.

I'm in northern Alberta just 10 miles out of a little town called BumF**k. The smoke is blowing over from the almost 300 fires burning next door in BC. We get all their crap here. :) We've had about a half inch of rain in the last 6 weeks along with the heat dome in June then our current heat wave for almost the last 2 weeks. No A/C in the house and I can't stay in the car all day with gas prices being so f'n high.

Lots of big fires in CA and surrounding states from what I've been seeing on the news. No forests around us but the wheat field beside us will be bone dry soon and could burn us out easy enough. Insured to the hilt and worth about 3X as much as a pile of ash. :) Crops here as well as all over the US are going to be really bad this year so expect food prices to go thru the roof. At least here where we import so much produce and decent bread is already $6 loaf.

Gonna get a whole lot worse before it gets better.

:peace:

Back