Any idea what is causing this

Something most of us would trim away anyway

i did but meanwhile i abstain from it. At least the lowest fanleaves that are not in the way and derive directly from the stem i keep as an indicator for whats going on in the plant. If you run into a lack of movable nutrients you see it first on them. Lockouts appear different and burns affect mostly new younger growth.
what i see here is a little lack of pk in transition which is now grown out with a just a little too much nk now in the mix...Mañ'O'Green please jump in and help me with my lower-leaf-bro-diagnosis-theory.

Nice ladies!

i did but meanwhile i abstain from it. At least the lowest fanleaves that are not in the way and derive directly from the stem i keep as an indicator for whats going on in the plant. If you run into a lack of movable nutrients you see it first on them. Lockouts appear different and burns affect mostly new younger growth.
what i see here is a little lack of pk in transition which is now grown out with a just a little too much nk now in the mix...Mañ'O'Green please jump in and help me with my lower-leaf-bro-diagnosis-theory.

Nice ladies!
I have several ideas but it is best not to start until all of the diagnostic questions have been answered first. One of the biggest problems with many of the fine folks that try to help here is they think by looking at a leaf they can diagnose the problem. It just does not work like that because that same leaf look can be caused by many different problems or combination of problems or no problem at all. Leaf appearance is just one page in the book. Then the poor grower gets so many suggestions and tries the all of them and the grow just gets worse. Then actual diagnosis gets even more difficult. Patients is needed in this process. Very seldom is something so critical it cannot wait a week or even two.

Ps. no I do not think it is just a P-K problem?

Mañ'O'Green - agree and appreciate to everything you say. Wouldn't have called you in if i was too sure about my skills as a doctor. Most of the timei just express what i think i see. Watching fanleaves learned me some lessons though, but it is just one page of the book, as you stated.
I made no suggestions and i think and told the problem, .this problem, is perhaps no longer anyway.. So i hope i was cautious enough Hopefully and willing and eager to learn, and whenever YOU disagree I rethink my most loved "dogmas".
Thanks for taking care and for your patience!

Back