New Grower Animatey's experimental journal using 100% clay pellet hempy buckets 3 Il Diavolo and 2 NYC Diesel A

Im sure there are good guides but id say make sure to run nutes at 1/4 and you will be ok well you are at day 22 start going half or full on the veg...its up to you if you want to LST now be very carefull they look snapable lol..I like to wait so i dont snap anything.:tiphat:

Day 23

Here is the way I ended up setting up the auto watering unit:
IMG_0117.jpg
Each plant has a dripper directly above their rockwool.

The buckets drain into trays.
IMG_0118.jpg

So far it seems to be working great... Next time I have a chance to update, I will try and post a schedule of my feeding summary so far.

Attachments

• IMG_0122.jpg
    IMG_0122.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 48
Looks nice man..Looks like you put some work into it!Im inspired..thinking about making a DWC or something wick system..think I have 80% of the parts!:Cushty:They look nice and happy..keep it green and they will do the rest!..Its almost Zoom Zoom growth time!Are they showing sex?

Looks nice man..Looks like you put some work into it!Im inspired..thinking about making a DWC or something wick system..think I have 80% of the parts!They look nice and happy..keep it green and they will do the rest!..Its almost Zoom Zoom growth time!Are they showing sex?

Thanks man! The buckets were my fav part because of simplicity. Clay pellets, and rockwool were the only 2 growing medias I messed with that I felt good using.

The auto drip thing is pretty tight, (and I think it did it's job great and will use it anytime I have to go out of town), but I like the control of hand watering. That might change of course if I was doing more than a handful of little dudes like these maybe, but I have no idea haha...

Both strains are starting to show signs of sex (I think). I see what look like a few small white pistils in the corners of some branches so I think they are lookin pretty female.

Day 32, somehow things went ok....

Got back from out of town earlier this weekend, and I opened the cab with expectations of some dead or fried plants, but oddly enough they are looking good (I think)... The auto watering machine I bought on Amazon said that it wouldn't work with liquid nutes, but it seems to have worked fine with about 450PPM solution.

madeIt.jpg

Some of the first sets of leaves look like they are showing signs of stress, but I kind of remember that being normal...
[highlight]Should I be concerned about these leaves?
[/highlight]
badLeaf1.jpgbadLeaf2.jpg

Feeding summary so far:

• day 0-16: calimagic 5 (250 PPM)
  • day 17-25: calimagic 5 + rapid start 2.5 (360 PPM)
  • day 18-32: calimagic 2 + rapid start 2.5 + flora gro 3 + flora micro 3 + flora bloom 1 (460 PPM)

All numbers are ml per gallon Using distilled water to mix the nutes in (0ppm) and keeping any PH between 5.8-6.2

[highlight]Are these ready for LST?[/highlight]
[highlight]EDIT: Is it insane to think I can finish these 5 plants in this cab? Maybe with Scrog? Maybe not...[/highlight]

Last edited:
Thanks man! The buckets were my fav part because of simplicity. Clay pellets, and rockwool were the only 2 growing medias I messed with that I felt good using.

The auto drip thing is pretty tight, (and I think it did it's job great and will use it anytime I have to go out of town), but I like the control of hand watering. That might change of course if I was doing more than a handful of little dudes like these maybe, but I have no idea haha...

Both strains are starting to show signs of sex (I think). I see what look like a few small white pistils in the corners of some branches so I think they are lookin pretty female.
Hmm well if they are just now showing sex you got a long way to go LOL My first grow I was over watering and they grow slow and went 90 to 100 days so just so ya know but I got a massive yield still ..some sex in 18 20 days and veg for 3 weeks then bloom..I dont know those seeds but ..you should be ok...Im not sure what that is on the leaf and I dont want to alarm you with that i think it is so ill wait for someone else to chime in about it.:stylez rasta smoke:

Hmm well if they are just now showing sex you got a long way to go LOL My first grow I was over watering and they grow slow and went 90 to 100 days so just so ya know but I got a massive yield still ..some sex in 18 20 days and veg for 3 weeks then bloom..I dont know those seeds but ..you should be ok...Im not sure what that is on the leaf and I dont want to alarm you with that i think it is so ill wait for someone else to chime in about it.:stylez rasta smoke:

Thanks for the input man... I think you might be right on the over watering. It would explain why my first grow still HASN'T FINISHED lol week 13...

What's cool about my new buckets is that there is nothing soaking up water, so to stop the overwatering I just tipped them over and drained them. I will check to see if a feed is necessary again tomorrow morning.

I have some high res photos coming of the LST I started, maybe they will help determine if the plants are behind schedule...

Thanks again for the input man!

Day 33 Higher Rez Tied Up Plants

Some higher rez photos of my first attempt at LST...

all.jpg
closer 1
ok.jpg
closer 2
ok2.jpg

I made sure to get their heads past 90 degrees to trigger the auxins.

EDIT: I used counter ties to make sure I didn't pull the plants out of the wool/pebbles. I also tied the plant down at several spots to spread the bend across several nodes, making the plant less likely to snap.

Last edited:
Day 35, No Idea what I'm doing haha ;D

Hey guys, still experimenting with lst. I think I am doing it correctly, but I am not sure...

Also the lowest sets of leaves on a couple of the plants don't look the best.

I got some really good pics this time.

Same plant in all pictures, front and back.
The first set is raw.
The second set, I have highlighted the stem path in yellow, and the suspicious leaves in red.

No highlights:
2.jpg1.jpg

Yellow LST path lights, Red for problem leaves:

1_w_highlights.jpg2_w_highlights.jpg

Thanks for any feedback :D Otherwise I will continue down the road as is.

One thing I will say, is that I really like the twist ties for lst. They are easy to manipulate.

Also thanks again to doobieashtray for the tip on overwatering. I don't think I was properly respecting the wet dry cycle, and they were slowed because of it. Now I make sure the buckets are light as a feather before I water and they seem to be doing a lot better.

As a final note on this grow, overall it did not go well lol...

I don't remember final yields, but across all 5 plants less than half an ounce haha...

Anyways this was a hellish nightmare of a grow I would never care to repeat. I did so much wrong on this grow that it wouldn't even be beneficial to rehash it all :)

I have since had a bit better luck, getting 2 ounces of dried buds off a single royal queen NL automatic (and a grip of good trim), and just shy of an ounce from a trans siberian from auto seeds. Both were great strains, the trans siberian really took a beating and continued to grow vigorously.

I have a photoperiod plant in progress and will get at least a couple ounces from it looks like. I have a ton of automatic seeds left so I will probably try another auto some day in the future, but right now I am just too bad at growing to deal with the way autos punish mistakes lol :\

One good thing I took from this grow was learning how to LST. I have applied the same technique now several times to keep plant height down and lower branches getting more light.

Anyways, toke on my friends and good luck in your grows!

Back