Live Stoners Am I in the right place?

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Bob, spelled backwards if you couldn't tell. I heard there was a party. No? I brought a zip, lets start one!

Anyways, been lurking here for about a month or so just reading up on what you crazy folks been doing with autos and figured it's about time I jumped into the fold. Seen a few familiars here as well and will make appearances in their threads soonish.

Me: Screwed around growing in the 80's with less than adequate lights. Got a re-purposed HPS in or about '92 that I think was 250w and grew a crazy huge bag seed sativa in a custom aluminum box. Had a hella grow book but can't remember who by. Ended up tossing the plant to move and just never got the urge again.

Now: Recreational use is legal in Mass. :cheers: Wasn't gonna grow but no sales for likely 18 months so..
Started reading up on what all's new and such around xmas. Ordered some seeds from ILGM. Read some more. Discovered autos. Ordered MORE seeds.

Here I am today 1 month or so into my first real grow. Here's what's up:
Closet grow. 2.5'w x 7'd x 9'h
400W HPS in 6" cool tube
2 fans
4" x 24" scrubber/fan - not running yet
Kind soil with pure coco on top. (Don't EVER do this. I didn't read quite enough it seems.)
Temp averages 76-86/ RH between 35-60 depending if the humidifier is running.

I have 3 Nirvana Bubblicous in 5g soft pots. All with various issues due to the medium. Nute burn to def's, I have it all in various stages. lol. They ARE doing fairly well with massive amounts of special care. 2 have had lst and I feel are were stunted likely due to violence of wrenching them right over 90degrees. 1 growing naturally, was the runt, slow to start, is now the largest of them all.

Also 1 AK unknown breeder freebie I tossed into a 2 liter bottle out of boredom. She has been neglected, given too much kind soil to start and has been watered with runoff from the other plants. She is doing the best of them all with no issues to speak of.

Also, also, As a noob with wide eyes I knowingly got in over my head at another place and got involved in a mini party cup grow challenge so I also have a Dinafem Critical+ 2.0 growing in a 50ml container of coco/perlite being fed Go Box nutes. She's not so happy looking color wise, but she's growing pretty quick and most importantly, not dead! :smoking:

And a 3rd also? Hell yes! I also have stuffz enroute to start the next round of seedlings in the next week or so. Gonna get crazy as I like to go too far, too fast. I'll get a thread going so everyone can get a good laugh or 8. :headbang:

Teaser:

20170215_2038101_zpsmvvucqjd.jpg

tl:dr I'm new! Here to toke about growin some plants. Pass this on:pass:

Attachments

• 20170215_203810[1].jpg
    20170215_203810[1].jpg
    99 KB · Views: 84
Welcome to afn ,glad you came aboard and stopped lurking this truly is the best site on the web ,congrats on your state going legal!!

Hi, I'm Bob, spelled backwards if you couldn't tell. I heard there was a party. No? I brought a zip, lets start one!

Anyways, been lurking here for about a month or so just reading up on what you crazy folks been doing with autos and figured it's about time I jumped into the fold. Seen a few familiars here as well and will make appearances in their threads soonish.

Me: Screwed around growing in the 80's with less than adequate lights. Got a re-purposed HPS in or about '92 that I think was 250w and grew a crazy huge bag seed sativa in a custom aluminum box. Had a hella grow book but can't remember who by. Ended up tossing the plant to move and just never got the urge again.

Now: Recreational use is legal in Mass. :cheers: Wasn't gonna grow but no sales for likely 18 months so..
Started reading up on what all's new and such around xmas. Ordered some seeds from ILGM. Read some more. Discovered autos. Ordered MORE seeds.

400W HPS in 6" cool tube
2 fans
Kind soil with pure coco on top. (Don't EVER do this. I didn't read quite enough it seems.)

I have 3 Nirvana Bubblicous in 5g soft pots. All with various issues due to the medium. Nute burn to def's, I have it all in various stages. lol. They ARE doing fairly well with massive amounts of special care. 2 have had lst and I feel are were stunted likely due to violence of wrenching them right over 90degrees. 1 growing naturally, was the runt, slow to start, is now the largest of them all.

Also 1 AK unknown breeder freebie I tossed into a 2 liter bottle out of boredom. She has been neglected, given too much kind soil to start and has been watered with runoff from the other plants. She is doing the best of them all with no issues to speak of.

Also, also, As a noob with wide eyes I knowingly got in over my head at another place and got involved in a mini party cup grow challenge so I also have a Dinafem Critical+ 2.0 growing in a 50ml container of coco/perlite being fed Go Box nutes. She's not so happy looking color wise, but she's growing pretty quick and most importantly, not dead! :smoking:

And a 3rd also? Hell yes! I also have stuffz enroute to start the next round of seedlings in the next week or so. Gonna get crazy as I like to go too far, too fast. I'll get a thread going so everyone can get a good laugh or 8. :headbang:

Teaser:

Welcome, Creature!:toke: And a huge slap for the Thompson quote! :slap:
Something tells me that you aren't a noob :smoking:, but you are indeed in the right spot! Glad to have you here! Passing to the left:pass:

Welcome to afn ,glad you came aboard and stopped lurking this truly is the best site on the web ,congrats on your state going legal!!

Much appreciated. I'm happy to be here. Feels more like "my kinda people" than most other places I've hung out.

Welcome, Creature!:toke: And a huge slap for the Thompson quote! :slap:
Something tells me that you aren't a noob :smoking:, but you are indeed in the right spot! Glad to have you here! Passing to the left:pass:

lol thanks for the slap. Huge Thompson fan from way back. Did a book report on Fear and Loathing in 10th grade. About 12 yrs before the movie. lol. Dating myself much? :coffee:

I am most certainly a noob, I just really tend to get into "hobbies" and try to gather as much info as I can absorb. I'm making my share of mistakes, some are intentional, most are not. lol

Much appreciated. I'm happy to be here. Feels more like "my kinda people" than most other places I've hung out.

lol thanks for the slap. Huge Thompson fan from way back. Did a book report on Fear and Loathing in 10th grade. About 12 yrs before the movie. lol. Dating myself much? :coffee:

I am most certainly a noob, I just really tend to get into "hobbies" and try to gather as much info as I can absorb. I'm making my share of mistakes, some are intentional, most are not. lol
You, sir, are in for a treat:d5:
We have a few old farts walking the halls (not me, I'm in my Prime!).
We keep a good vibe and are here to help. I'm looking forward to seeing your journal posted!:bravo:
Hunter absolutely rules. His article on the Kentucky Derby, :funny::bong::funny:

400W HPS in 6" cool tube
2 fans

Teaser:

Welcome aboard!! This is THE best site for autoflower sharing/knowledge!! If you ever need anything just tag any member by using the "@" symbol in front of their name..vote in the monthly competitions and visit Live Stoners for a non stop party!!

Back