Looking awesome dude! I just harvested a Nirvana Northern Lights. Right at 49 grams dry. The smoke is tasty and only getting better, you'll enjoy. Best of luck!

Looking awesome dude! I just harvested a Nirvana Northern Lights. Right at 49 grams dry. The smoke is tasty and only getting better, you'll enjoy. Best of luck!
i saw that, nice work man. i've got 2 dwarf NL's that are on day 62. they're short but man do the look and smell fantastic!
IMG_9827.jpg IMG_0364.jpg IMG_9806.jpg IMG_0362.jpg

hey everybody, after watching this video

i decided to drop a few bucks and create my own since they don't sell this specifically for plant pots, that i could find anyway.

ill be trying it out on pot#1(NL) and and maybe down the road create one with a larger base attached so that i can place 4-5 pots on it and have all plants rotating.

here is a short video of what i was able to make for now

<iframe src="" width="640" height="1138" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>

other than that, pot 1 is doing good except for some curling and a little yellowing on the edges of the leaves. for now ill let her go and see if the next feeding tomorrow helps out.
IMG_0461.jpg

:bump:

Day 22 update

Man! hard to believe that i snuck my girls outside to 68f and sunny weather yesterday for several hours.
IMG_0554.jpg
Today there's 4 inches of snow on the ground! crazy stuff. Ok well, i fed the northern lights yesterday and set up some new toys
IMG_0655.JPG IMG_0571.jpg
then did some more LST'ing yesterday and again this morning and i was finally able to expose all bud sites to direct light and turn the top as it was at the edge of the pot.

Yesterday​
IMG_0523.jpg

IMG_0566.jpg

This morning​
IMG_0614.jpg
IMG_0623.jpg

what do you guys think of the leaf discoloration of that one? im leaning towards either zinc or nitrogen. if it gets worse tomorrow then the feeding didn't help it. and she got CaMg in the feed as well.

the AK48 sisters enjoyed their day out and are looking better.

IMG_0531.jpg
IMG_0534.jpg
IMG_0570.jpg

other than that, the hydrotherm works great! it's keeping an awesome, constant environment. it's going to save a ton of electricity from my heater too, its on about a 1/4 of what it has been. i also seems i only have to refill the humidifier once a day compared to 3-4 times. and last but not least, i can run my exhaust a lot slower now. well worth the 40 something bucks. My new p4-xml2 light from platinum should be here today or tomorrow so i cant wait to get that in there for much better coverage and much higher PAR.

Well that's it for now. :headbang:
:growing:

its been a busy few days. got the new light for the tent, solved some alkaline soil problems prepping for the summer grow, etc...

so the leaf discoloration got worse and i did some ph testing of the soils and it looks like the ph was up in the 8's if not higher in all 3 containers. after some further research i believe the problem was user error with the rice hulls. turns out they are a little alkaline but so long as you keep them below 40% in a peat mixture the ph will be fine. i messed that up. closer to 50-60% and not nearly enough peat to balance them out. with the 2 AK48's i just transplanted into a more balanced mix and they are bouncing back in a big way.
IMG_0740.jpg
IMG_0743.jpg

unfortunately i think they are still stunted a bit from their time in the bad mix. the NL was too large and established for me to transplant so went with espoma soil acidifier. i took 1/4 of the recommended amendment amount and ground it up into as fine a powder as i could then mixed it with a liter of water. after i added the other 3/4 to the top of the mix i watered everything in with the powder/water mix. the discoloration has stopped and she is thriving now.

IMG_0773.jpg
IMG_0837.jpg

and of course i was very happy to get my new equipment and get it installed! its a platinum led p4-xml2 and now that its up and running im wondering what i was doing playing around with my previous light. im very happy with the purchase.

IMG_0718.jpg
IMG_0719.jpg

with all lights on in the tent

IMG_0780.jpg

and i love the completely white "boost" lights i just need to remember to turn the veg and bloom back on when im done in the tent. lol
IMG_0722.jpg

alright, just a quick update gotta get back to the family thing.

thanks for stopping in.
:smokeout:

hey everyone. everything is moving along. plant 1 the northern lights is at day 36 and flowering nice with some frost starting to set in. plant 2 one of the AK48's is on day 25 and plant 3 the other AK48 is on day 22. the tent is getting crowded as the summer photos have broken ground now. the order is youngest to oldest.

plant 3
IMG_1144.jpg

plant 2
IMG_1145.jpg

plant 1
IMG_1154.jpg
IMG_1152.jpg
IMG_1155.jpg
IMG_1153.jpg

thats all for now. thanks for checking in.

Last edited:
Back