Reaction score
So right now I'm using air fabric pots from Gronest (they don't let much water out the sides but are pretty wide on the bottom)

Fabrics works great to produce some nice nice roots but they do start looking old real quick with the amounts of minerals we put through em.

I'd like to spark a little conversation about which pots you like best and why.

I've been using smart pots in the greenhouse, soil/organics, and get mineral deposits, don't see it as a problem, yet. The house plants that have been in smart pots for a long time have lots of deposits, and again I don't see it adversely affecting the plants in any way

I've been using airpots for years along with lots of other growers and they work great and you can wash them between grows to get the salt a mineral deposits off.

The airpots are nice the problem I have with them is the hole size.. if you've seen my dogfood substrate you'll know (right pot in my grow log). The particle size is 4 to 6mm and tends to fall out when handling the pot. Granted that's a small problem to have I think my main gripe with them is just the looks.

think some put the pot in a pair of tights
:pighug:
Or put the tights in the pot.. I just bought 10 from fleabay. 3gal equivalent for $40 shipped. They're knockoffs but I'm going to try them.. I been running airpots and cloth pots for two years. They work just the same in my opinion.. just way easier to clean airpots

was disapointed with the knockoff airpots i got
real 6L left fake 3L right
6L airpot 3L fakepot.JPG

a pot is a pot,what disapointed me was the dimensions,they is wider than they are tall.
:pighug:

Last edited by a moderator:
I found what I was looking for. Or at least something really close to it.
Day43_HDR1.jpg

Day43_HDR2.jpg

I plan to do a smaller grow in them first (4 plants) because the bottom part does look like it might not work to air prune like I want it to. If it does not, a [HASHTAG]#11[/HASHTAG] scalpel blade jammed into a soldering iron will do the modifications just fine. For 2.10€ at that size (11L) I would have expected something of worse quality but am pleasantly surprised.

Now I can't wait for my current grow to finish to try them.

I also got myself 2 sacks of baked perlite 2 to 6mm in size (I never knew how cheap that stuff was compared to vermiculite or baked clay)

Back