Advanced nutrients PH perfect

Reaction score
Hi guys,

mixed up my first feed for my 8 autos today using AN PH perfect line. I went for 1/4 strength as there just under 2 weeks old.

Mixed the nutes into tap water that’s been sat out for 24 hours. After mixing my base nutes in I had an air stone in the res for half hour to mix it all up good, I then tested my Ph and it read 8.6. Now is that way too high to fill my system up with? I’ve read the PHperfect line has something in it that lets the plant uptake the nutes anywhere from 4-9 ph or whatever. I’m just worried as this is the first feed and I don’t want to ruin the plants from the ph being so high.

Also read somewhere that the “PH PERFECT” only works with RO water? And adding ph down will only cause more imbalances to my PH?
Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hey there,

I ran the AN line my first couple grows. I'm no expert but I have a couple bits that may be helpful.

Yes, the AN line is built around 0 ppm water but if you read the label it can be used with up to 100ppm I believe. I started cutting my tap water with jugs of distilled water from the store. It helped a lot

Also I found if you are not running near full strength, 5ml/L , it did not pH my water perfectly. I still had to check and adjust.

Also are you growing in soil? I wouldn't bother with the airstone, just stir and wait a few minutes.

Hope that helps.

Hey there,

I ran the AN line my first couple grows. I'm no expert but I have a couple bits that may be helpful.

Yes, the AN line is built around 0 ppm water but if you read the label it can be used with up to 100ppm I believe. I started cutting my tap water with jugs of distilled water from the store. It helped a lot

Also I found if you are not running near full strength, 5ml/L , it did not pH my water perfectly. I still had to check and adjust.

Also are you growing in soil? I wouldn't bother with the airstone, just stir and wait a few minutes.

Hope that helps.

thanks for the reply mate. I did think that maybe the “ph perfect” comes into play at full suggested strength, I may need to adjust it then. Also It’s an rdwc system, clay pebbles as medium and rock wool cubes

I love AN nutes! Its easy to burn autoflowers and get some odd lockouts though!

If you aren't growing in coco, i suggest you do. Its easier to correct issues using it.

I have done a few grows using AN and burned most of the plants. Don't go over 1ml per litre. Thank me later <3

Once you're up to full bang it'll pull right to 5.9-6.0 in my experience but I haven't run rdwc so you may need to tweak a bit here and there. Good luck, and I'm sure some of the dwc pros will chime in. I know @Mañ'O'Green is a very knowledgeable hydro grower.

I love AN nutes! Its easy to burn autoflowers and get some odd lockouts though!

If you aren't growing in coco, i suggest you do. Its easier to correct issues using it.

I have done a few grows using AN and burned most of the plants. Don't go over 1ml per litre. Thank me later <3
Thanks for the reply mate. I went with 0.5ml to start, have heard that AN is some strong stuff for autos. Did you adjust your ph at all when you used them? Mines at 8.7 right now not sure if I should adjust it or not?

Yes, if you're in full hydro you need to be between 5.8 and 6.2

Thanks for the reply mate. I went with 0.5ml to start, have heard that AN is some strong stuff for autos. Did you adjust your ph at all when you used them? Mines at 8.7 right now not sure if I should adjust it or not?
It use to ph mine quite low for soil.. like 5.6. Whenever it did that, I'd use ph up. It works fine.. u can ph it.

Sometimes everyones water comes out at different ph. After mixing the nutes it brought it down to 6.0 which is fine for my coco. Until now its dropped it to 5.8 which is also fine. So it will differ for you. Make sure you mix the nutes in order as it will mess things up.

Hi guys,

mixed up my first feed for my 8 autos today using AN PH perfect line. I went for 1/4 strength as there just under 2 weeks old.

Mixed the nutes into tap water that’s been sat out for 24 hours. After mixing my base nutes in I had an air stone in the res for half hour to mix it all up good, I then tested my Ph and it read 8.6. Now is that way too high to fill my system up with? I’ve read the PHperfect line has something in it that lets the plant uptake the nutes anywhere from 4-9 ph or whatever. I’m just worried as this is the first feed and I don’t want to ruin the plants from the ph being so high.

Also read somewhere that the “PH PERFECT” only works with RO water? And adding ph down will only cause more imbalances to my PH?
Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Yes, AN suggests using their products in water with less than 10 PPM. They used to say 50 PPM but it changed a fer years ago. Yes that high of a PH would make me question what is going on?

What is the source of your water? If you are on municipal water you should be able to get a water quality report online. We are mostly interested in the hardness and sanitation sections.

I would contact AN directly about that PH!

Back