About to be a first time grower. Advice, please.

I put the seed in a rooter plug after a few hours soak. Once the seed sprouts I stick my rooter in the final pot of coco. I dont know if this actually holds true but my thinking is they'll never even know they were moved if it happens before the roots leave the plug. @Mañ'O'Green gave you sound advice about the nutrient use in my unexpert opinion. Start low and work them up until they tell you to stop. Just remember you gotta be on top of keeping the solution running through the coco regularly, you can't slack off for a week. My only other recommendation I didn't see: pot elevators. Keeps your bags out of the runoff and gives you room to get the vac nozzle under them and really clear the saucer out.

So, I got my tent up on Monday (second light was not in yet but got in yesterday and got installed). The Gorilla Grow tents are super nice, and I was impressed at the level of detail paid to even the packaging - each of the metal poles was separated with plastic brackets to protect them and the tent was incredibly easy to pop up. The Spider Farmer SF2000 panel gives off a surprisingly low amount of heat and it is BRIGHT. Picture was taken before I tidied up, so please excuse the mess! :eek1::eek1:
20200426_165311.jpg

My seeds came the same morning, and I decided to start my first grow with four of Homegrown's White Widow x California Snow Autos. Soaked them for about 12 hrs in a jar of water, then put them in Roto Rooters and directly into final pots (5gal pots with Mother Earth Coco/Perlite mix). I had presoaked the soil while the seeds soaked (though I worried that I hadn't moistened it enough) and let it drain well - it felt moist to the first knuckle when the RRs were put in. Left the lights off and misted the RRs every 12 hours with a spray bottle, covered with humidity domes that I made from water bottles with the lids off.

Today they have popped up and the lights were turned on. I am excited! I have the lights set at 18/6 and due to the high heat out here, scheduled to be on in the evening/night hours to avoid excessive heat during the hottest parts of the day.

20200429_214024.jpg

I am not sure if I need to go ahead and remove the domes, or if I should wait a couple more days - any advice there? I have one straggler in the back right corner, but the other three are scooting right along.

20200429_214041.jpg

So, I got my tent up on Monday (second light was not in yet but got in yesterday and got installed). The Gorilla Grow tents are super nice, and I was impressed at the level of detail paid to even the packaging - each of the metal poles was separated with plastic brackets to protect them and the tent was incredibly easy to pop up. The Spider Farmer SF2000 panel gives off a surprisingly low amount of heat and it is BRIGHT. Picture was taken before I tidied up, so please excuse the mess! :eek1::eek1:
View attachment 1185029

My seeds came the same morning, and I decided to start my first grow with four of Homegrown's White Widow x California Snow Autos. Soaked them for about 12 hrs in a jar of water, then put them in Roto Rooters and directly into final pots (5gal pots with Mother Earth Coco/Perlite mix). I had presoaked the soil while the seeds soaked (though I worried that I hadn't moistened it enough) and let it drain well - it felt moist to the first knuckle when the RRs were put in. Left the lights off and misted the RRs every 12 hours with a spray bottle, covered with humidity domes that I made from water bottles with the lids off.

Today they have popped up and the lights were turned on. I am excited! I have the lights set at 18/6 and due to the high heat out here, scheduled to be on in the evening/night hours to avoid excessive heat during the hottest parts of the day.

View attachment 1185030

I am not sure if I need to go ahead and remove the domes, or if I should wait a couple more days - any advice there? I have one straggler in the back right corner, but the other three are scooting right along.

View attachment 1185031

into the brave new world! :yay: ya, u'll wanna leave the domez on for a week or so, misting up inside em to keep the rh up, cuz they need it 75-80% at this point ;) ppp

into the brave new world! :yay: ya, u'll wanna leave the domez on for a week or so, misting up inside em to keep the rh up, cuz they need it 75-80% at this point ;) ppp

I'm maintaining around 75-78 and 75-80% rh in there right now, somehow. It is humid here in Vegas lately, though.

View attachment 1185029

View attachment 1185030

View attachment 1185031
Congrats on the children!

just right :thumbsup: ppp

Yeah, as long as I keep the tent closed up, it maintains humidity VERY well, the second it opens you can watch the hygrometer drop like a rock! I have a portable humidifier that will live in the tent with the nozzle directed up at the wall, and when the seedlings are a little bigger the oscillating tower fan will go in there on the lowest setting. I am currently using passive intake through opening one of the lower intake vents along the bottom of the tent, but I am thinking of possibly acquiring a second fan and carbon filter and running an active intake that will be placed in somewhat close proximity to the AC Vent in that room. House is kept at about 76 ambient temp all summer to avoid $500 power bills.

I started a grow journal in the first time growers forum. Hopefully I did the thing right to put it in my sig.

Back