Mephisto Genetics A SourHound and Miss SourBubbly Cush

Deadlyeight

The Ent Speaker
Reaction score
Hey All,

new guy around here :smoking: Thanks to Mephisto for making such great autos! Can't wait to get these two ladies curing.
Figured I should start the log now :biggrin::coffee: This will be my first auto run and first run in a while. Hope I can get some advice from the OG's here with mephisto genetics. I have done a few crops over the years but they were with photos. I thought I'd start with the sourhound for a first run, I lost two SH to mother nature; but the mother earth gave me a sourbubbly cush in return. I have not seen too much information on our Sour Bubbly Cush, either than a time frame 65-75days. I have about a 10 day difference between the two girls.

Lights I have are 400w MH and HPS, and 75w 6400K nano T5 :) (One day *soon* will have a DIY Cob going; am saving up now). The growing medium is a mix of soil with mycorrhiaze, Kelp liquid, Cold Fish Emulsion liquid, Sea Water Concentrate, Humic acids powder and then Floranova feedings from GH. :thumbsup:

As for the photos; here is a recap of the first week with the ladies (Photos below); Well the fist week was a bit rough for each of them. Miss hound saw the light form the side of the rock wool and started to break out, so i cut it open and let her grow out. Came out no big deal. And the seed hull was stuck to the coty on the Sour Bubbly Cush. So thats why no pics of day 1/2 was not sure what to expect. But life prevails.
I have not seen much talk of phenos for our Sour Hound girls; so I think my height issue was being too close to the lights. Old Photo teq's coming to haunt me.

SourHoundF2
Day 1 DAY1_MARCH14th-A.JPG
Day3DAY3_MARCH16th-B.JPG
Day5DAY5-MARCH18th-E.JPG
Day7DAY7-MARCH20th-C.JPG

Sour Bubbly Cush
Day3 DAY3-MARCH25th-A.JPG
Day4DAY4_MARCH26-B.JPG
Day5DAY5_MARCH27th-A.JPG
Day7(post transplant)DAY7_MARCH29TH-A.JPG

catch ya'll soon! with more updates on how week two is going.

Last edited:
:welcome:D8, glad your sharing your grow with us.
Love the SH for its pain relief. Don't know anything about SBC, so I'll be watching. Setup looks good. Here's a :slap: to get you started.

:welcome:D8, glad your sharing your grow with us.
Love the SH for its pain relief. Don't know anything about SBC, so I'll be watching. Setup looks good. Here's a :slap: to get you started.

Thanks for the kind words and rep! Roasty! The SH has some nice dankness already to her. She may not be tall, but she's gonna be fun to watch grow out.

I grew out 2 SH Illuminautos ( not sure if there is a diff ) and they were short but stacked with hard, dense, smelly nugs. When I disturbed them it reeked up the whole room. And I had 6 other girls they were competing with. Really good meds, excited for you to experience her. :thumbsup:

My last SH crop yielded me almost 3/4 pound dry from 3 plants. I think the shortest was 30" and tallest 36" if I recall correctly. As @Roasty McToasty said it's wonderful for pain. One of the best for me for my nerve pain. It has gotten much stronger too as it has cured in the jars and the scents and flavors changed. All earthy fuely sour tastes.

Good Luck!

Here's a couple of shots, the one of the tent is 3 SH in a 3x3 tent. Vegged under DIY COB and flowered out with 600W Blue MH.........awesome strain all three pheno's.........was not the first time I grew her but my biggest yield overall and per plant with the SH. The shot of the cola was larger than my quart sized spray bottle.......

IMG_20170101_213445.jpg IMG_20170104_001001.jpg

My last SH crop yielded me almost 3/4 pound dry from 3 plants. I think the shortest was 30" and tallest 36" if I recall correctly. As @Roasty McToasty said it's wonderful for pain. One of the best for me for my nerve pain. It has gotten much stronger too as it has cured in the jars and the scents and flavors changed. All earthy fuely sour tastes.

Good Luck!

Here's a couple of shots, the one of the tent is 3 SH in a 3x3 tent. Vegged under DIY COB and flowered out with 600W Blue MH.........awesome strain all three pheno's.........was not the first time I grew her but my biggest yield overall and per plant with the SH. The shot of the cola was larger than my quart sized spray bottle.......

View attachment 727629 View attachment 727630

Thanks for stopping in Evil! Yess me too, once i read the nerve pain the beans were added to cart immediately. I can definitely see some vert stretch now, shes got a lot more leaves and way better photosynthesis now. I expect her to keep climbing a bit more.
I am loving her smell already, I don't know how sweet it gets, but thats okay.

I was thinking of swapping to HPS to finish flowering, but had not sorted a day, was thinking 04/19 putting them at days 36 and 26.

Thanks for stopping in Evil! Yess me too, once i read the nerve pain the beans were added to cart immediately. I can definitely see some vert stretch now, shes got a lot more leaves and way better photosynthesis now. I expect her to keep climbing a bit more.
I am loving her smell already, I don't know how sweet it gets, but thats okay.

I was thinking of swapping to HPS to finish flowering, but had not sorted a day, was thinking 04/19 putting them at days 36 and 26.

Man I don't remember what day I switched my lights. I went from a 250 watt 5000K Cree LED DIY build to a 600 watt Blue MH which is one of my favorite lights. I will see if later tonight I dig through my thread and can figure it out for you. I'm doing Deep Blue C right now under two different LED lights to compare but this strain like the Sour Hound was specifically recommend to me by Mitch for my nerve pain when I reached out via email and let me tell you he was SPOT on. Smoking this stuff and using the oil I made with it's trim has changed my quality of life drastically. I'm sick and for me mmj is medicine it's not just to get stoned like when I was younger lol.

D8, looked back in my log and all I can tell is the 600W Blue MH went in sometime before the 60 day mark, so I would say they were under it 1-1.5 weeks at the end to finish off. Hope that helps! :thumbsup:

Back