Mephisto Genetics 6-7 Years old auto seeds wont crack / open.

Try tossing them in the freezer for a week, then let them slowly get up to room temperature. Goal is to try to mimic the winter/spring natural cycle. I have heard this method from some older heads, and have used it one time with improvements to poor germing seeds. Might be anecdotal/broscience but always worth a shot. Try just a few to start.

I germed some 5 years old seeds the other day with good results, so don't throw in the towel yet.

Try tossing them in the freezer for a week, then let them slowly get up to room temperature. Goal is to try to mimic the winter/spring natural cycle. I have heard this method from some older heads, and have used it one time with improvements to poor germing seeds. Might be anecdotal/broscience but always worth a shot. Try just a few to start.

I germed some 5 years old seeds the other day with good results, so don't throw in the towel yet.

Thanks, i will give it a try ! :)

I know this post is kind of old but I figured I'd mention what's worked before with old seeds anyway. I found 3 year old mephisto seeds tucked away in my veggie drawer before. 1st I soaked them in water with a little Zeus juice (nectar for the gods nutes) in it for 24 hours. I put the soaking jars on a cheap heat pad. Then the seeds went into a lightly spritzed paper towel, then into a small Tupperware bowl that I placed next to my xbox series x. Some were popped and ready the next day, and the rest were ready in 2 days. I used to put my germinating seeds on the heat pad in the bowels but I started having problems with seeds not popping so I stopped. I think the hot pad was cooking my seeds. Anyway hope your seeds worked out for you

This seems like good advice and it makes sense to me, I used to keep seeds in the refrigerator and always found they sprouted vigorously once a ideal germinating environment was created.

Back