5” Extractor Fan Suggestions

MrAutoGrower

Learning as I grow
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
3Wok OG
Hello everyone hope all is well!

Right now I am running a 5 inch RAM mixed flow fan and it just doesn’t move enough air and is pretty loud. I have acoustic ducting attached and it lowers the noise but overall the fan really sucks.

Can anyone recommend a good 5 inch inline fan that can move over 300 per hour and is fairly silent at a good price?

I seen Rhino Mixed Flow fans for £60 ($80-90 or so). They move up to 284 per hour or so and I don’t think that’s gonna be enough either to help with humidity during flower.

So I’m looking for 5” inch, good air movement, and a good price.

Cheers!

Have you looked at the Mars Hydro Inline fans?
I've got a 4" one mounted under my table inside the tent and got it barely running. Mind you, the tent is only 2x2x5.4, but the thing can suck air.
Here's a link to a 6" inline model (they don't have a 5"), with or without humidity controller. Look at the signature on @Marshydro's posts. There's a coupon code :thumbsup:

Mars hydro price doubles when it comes to the UK sadly

If you can adapt a larger fan, you can lower the rpm, and move just as much air quieter.

I was going to just bite the bullet and get a 6” but it means I also have to invest in 6” ducting, and change the 5” ducting hole to 6” in closet which is a lot of hassle

I was going to just bite the bullet and get a 6” but it means I also have to invest in 6” ducting, and change the 5” ducting hole to 6” in closet which is a lot of hassle
No, the 4” would prob move enough air… 6” will def move air. If you can find it, a pvc adaptor would work… 4” OD to 5” ID or 6” OD to 5” ID. Reducer or expander* I know that’s not the word but hope you get my drift… image.jpg then you can use your existing ducting, holes, etc and purchase only the fan and adaptors…

No, the 4” would prob move enough air… 6” will def move air. If you can find it, a pvc adaptor would work… 4” OD to 5” ID or 6” OD to 5” ID. Reducer or expander* I know that’s not the word but hope you get my drift…View attachment 1421609 then you can use your existing ducting, holes, etc and purchase only the fan and adaptors…
Also wood stove piping adaptor would work too… and prob more sizes. Galvanized steel, pre shaped, and easier to affix.

Also wood stove piping adaptor would work too… and prob more sizes. Galvanized steel, pre shaped, and easier to affix.

My 5” fan doesn’t move enough air. It’s a budget fan but i was also looking into those ducting reducers in order to use a 6” inline with 5” ducting. However, I noticed most inline fans actually have their connectors sealed onto them or using clips. They seem specially built for inline fans. But then again I don’t have much experience with inline fans because I’ve only ever had to use one until now.

Is there any way you could send me a link to an exact reducer that I could implement onto a new 6” fan?

Imperial 5 in. D X 6 in. D Galvanized Steel Furnace Pipe Reducer
Item # 48644| Mfr #GV1358

(0)
wishlist Image

image-1

Tap to view

$9.99
Estimated Ace Logo

See Details
Estimated Points Earned: 99

Galvanized steel, inflexible. They have aluminum for trucks but expensive…$50-61 USD​

Back