New Grower 2 Haze and an AK,1st Tent Grow with Mars LED

Reaction score
Hello guys and gals,

i just Joined AFN and i would like to hear what people more experienced than myself say to my little(?) problem and appreciate any advise.

I`ve done 2 relatively sucessful window grows until now and just started my first low budget tent grow.

Set Up.
Tent ca. 2.5x2.5x5 (80cm X 80cm X 160cm)
1 Mars Hydro 300W and one 180W Ufo
5“ Fan

3 Royal Queen Seeds germinated
Amnesia Haze 19 days old (from head out of soil), today i saw the first pistols
AK 47 17 days old
Royal Haze 10 days old

5 Gallon Pots with a soil/ Coco mix and a cup of seedling soil for the first days.
Temp. 70-75Fahrenheit, humidity 50-70%
Ph of Rainwater 6.5, first runoff Ph 6.2

The Amnesia Haze:

Because i´m such a an expert;) i thought i would get away with the hot (Flower)soil even though i ran out of Perlite. So i mixed the soil with Coco 70/30, dug a little hole, filled with seedling soil and planted my germinated (paper towel) seed directly in the 5 gallon pot. and put on the lights (distance only about 10 inches)

Everything looked fine untlil day 14 when i saw the first burnt Leaf tips with a little clawing and realised that the Plants are really short (today ca.4 inches).

Done some internet research (THX AFN) and found out that there is such a thing as too much light.

In combination with the hot soil i was pretty sure that this is my Problem. On day 17 i moved the lights from 10 to 25 inches and switched off the Ufo. i flushed the moist pot with ca. 7 Gallon of Ph Water.

What would you do? Help is much apprechiated.

ps Sorry for my English, couldn`t find the Eng. Spelling check;)

Attachments

• Pistil1.jpg
    Pistil1.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 171
  • Side1.jpg
    Side1.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 162
  • Side2.jpg
    Side2.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 173
  • Side3.jpg
    Side3.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 159
  • Tent1.jpg
    Tent1.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 179
  • Top1.jpg
    Top1.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:
I really don't see any problems to worry about.They will speed up growth once they get there preflower pistols and start to stretch.If you can raise your temp up a bit and this might help speed them up.

Now that i browsed some threads and compared, i think you guys are right, everything in the green zone... i got some cardboard under my tent and got the second light going again for half of the light period to raise temp. and could not resist to start some lite lst bowl training.
@budelee since you replied in my hello thread, would you look at the pics, does this look ok to you?
@Seabass yesterday a student, today a teacher, i was really impressed with your training during your first grow...my proper respect dude, and yes its fun and a great new hobby:cheers:
Thx everybody, such a cool forum...
20170105_184354.jpg
20170105_184413.jpg
20170105_184432.jpg

Now that i browsed some threads and compared, i think you guys are right, everything in the green zone... i got some cardboard under my tent and got the second light going again for half of the light period to raise temp. and could not resist to start some lite lst bowl training.
@budelee since you replied in my hello thread, would you look at the pics, does this look ok to you?
@Seabass yesterday a student, today a teacher, i was really impressed with your training during your first grow...my proper respect dude, and yes its fun and a great new hobby:cheers:
Thx everybody, such a cool forum...View attachment 682582 View attachment 682583 View attachment 682584
Looking awesome and healthy!! Keep that main bent and the sides will grow crazy!! One more thing to realize is that the plants are short enough that the led/light will penetrate thru a few layers of leaves effectively even tho to the eye it may look shaded,the taller the plant gets is where you will need to tuck leaves or spread them open for light penetration

Last edited:
@Bondido Wow, thanks bro! I'm glad you liked the lst. Yours is looking perfect, about to blow up! And I couldn't have done it without the shared knowledge of everyone on this great forum. Keep rocking bro. :pass:

Couldn't help but giggle here! [emoji121] [emoji16] [emoji13] [emoji28] [emoji23]

People say new parents are like that, seeing problems everywhere. I'm sitting here, starring at this perfect little plant, and scrolling back to read what was wrong.

She's perfect, and she's beautiful! [emoji108] [emoji2] [emoji106]

The tips, if they increase to being visible with the naked eye, then lower nutes. You'll find that youngsters are easy and need very little. [emoji7] [emoji76] [emoji178]

[emoji121] It's them BIG b*tches who'll give you hell in exchange for their buds. Beware of the huge blooming monsters! If you think women pms'ing are difficult, you haven't had a diva monster plant yet!! [emoji35] [emoji13]

[emoji16] [emoji28] [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

@witchyhour you're a cold hearted (wo)man, since the box is right beside the bathroom, i only check on them when when i go pee, ok before and after the peeing and prob. a couple of times in between the pees...:crying:
The bodage game is Fun, but the lady moves quickly...
PS can i change the thread title?
New pics soon, until then THX and :cheers:

Last edited:
AmnesiaHaze Day 24
Tips of new leafs still a little burned and clawed, but its not spreading around the leaf. I think too much Nitrogen!?
The other shoots are catching up but there was some serious bending involved;)

The AK47 and Royal Haze just doing their thing, no manipulation just some root activator...

AK and Amnesia definitely a little stunted(?) from the close light during seedling stage.
Hope there will be some stretch soon.
AllTop.jpg
Amnesia top.jpg
TipBurn.jpg

:thanks: again for the awesome training tutorial @budelee...
Cheers everybody:cheers:

Last edited:
Back