Grow Mediums 2 auto flower strains sharing the same rez

Reaction score
Currently Smoking
C99
Like the title says I have 2 autoflower strains growing in the same rez. 1 devil xxl auto (original seed store big devil xl version) and a pyramid seeds white widow auto.
The devil is 8 weeks old tomorrow and on track to finish and be harvested in the breeders 9 week time frame. The widow hasn't even started flowering yet (I'm thinking it's decided to remain photoperiod as it's growing HUGE).
Obviously we all like to flush before harvest but it won't be possible with the devil as I refuse to starve the widow as if it 100% has decided to lean towards the photo gene having had nearly 3 months veg time she should yield amazingly well. It's not possible to switch to 12/12 either as I have 2 auto widows in soil (same breeder and have started flowering couple of weeks back) and another 4 more devil's in soil also.
My question is if the devil continues to be fed the same solution as the widow will the leaves still die off and the pistils brown and shrivel as normal??
I have a USB scope so I'm also able to keep an eye on trichomes easily.
20180629_132019.jpg

Frosty devil
20180629_132058.jpg

Widow not flowering.
20180629_132037.jpg

So with autos they have a lifespan. Eventually once the realize they are near the end they could possibly hermi as a survival instinct. Autos can be ran at 12/12. But you could also try 16/8 and see if you can get that one to flower.
Personally I feel like no flush is going to make the bud taste bad. I would try to just run straight water for the last week through them. If you are feeding bloom nutes the widow is get very low N anyways. It should sustain the flush since it’s only for a week.

So with autos they have a lifespan. Eventually once the realize they are near the end they could possibly hermi as a survival instinct. Autos can be ran at 12/12. But you could also try 16/8 and see if you can get that one to flower.
Personally I feel like no flush is going to make the bud taste bad. I would try to just run straight water for the last week through them. If you are feeding bloom nutes the widow is get very low N anyways. It should sustain the flush since it’s only for a week.
So flush for a week until I harvest the devil then back with the nutrients to finish the widow?? The widow is huge so it should have enough in its system to survive a week with just plain water. Thanks for the reply.

Back