Indoor 1/2 Ounce In A Can Of Fanta (Low Ryder 2 Micro Hydro (Grow In A Flash).

The Bedroom Gardener UK

Dragon Abuser
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Lots of hash.
I'm not growing out any autos at the moment, but I have some documented grows I could post up that may be of interest to people on the site.

This plant was grown out as part of a competition to produce weed in a drinks can. I came up with the following grow.

It was back in 2008, but as the site I had the pics on has now all but gone, I thought I'd try and keep it alive somewhere else.

Ok then,

Grow in: 330ml Drinks can.
Medium: Hempy style (3 parts perlite to 1 part vermiculite).
Nutes: Ionics basic grow & bloom.

Changes: I bought a little battery operated water feature from the local garden centre for about £5. I took off the feature & put the tubing from that into my Fanta can. I then put a hole in the Fanta can about 1/3 way up, so once the nutes got to that level they would fall back into the water feature res below. Basically I bodged a little res & pumping kit.

Week 1:

23.jpg

Week 2:

24.jpg

25.jpg

Week 3:

26.jpg

Week 4:

27.jpg

Week 5:

28.jpg

More coming up...

I'll put up another "In A Flash" one soon if you like.

very cool! amazing, those things can grow in just about any size container it seems like. what was your final wieght and what strain was this?

very cool! amazing, those things can grow in just about any size container it seems like. what was your final wieght and what strain was this?
It was just over 14 grams if I remember. They were Joint Dr Low Ryder 2.

Haha half ounce in a fanta can,that's ghetto man I love it :) yeah not far mate I'm in Sheffield and doin a little greenhouse grow,my first time.but I'm gonna get the dr60 for my winter grows,how many plants can u grow in yours mate?

Definitely an inspiration to me. I've been sketching out a SoG hempy grow to put under a 240W LED. Planned on using 48oz cups that are about 8 inches tall but have the overall width of that fanta can. That plant is the perfect height for what I intended to do. +rep for sharing!!

Haha half ounce in a fanta can,that's ghetto man I love it :) yeah not far mate I'm in Sheffield and doin a little greenhouse grow,my first time.but I'm gonna get the dr60 for my winter grows,how many plants can u grow in yours mate?
I put 4 plants in 8lt pots. The attached vid shows my current setup, though it's not autos at the moment.

[video=youtube;-lSN-ti01gc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lSN-ti01gc[/video]

I have 2 holes at this site.One has a photo period sativa in it .This one is from a seed I produced myself.Lowryder genes, momma and papa.
Happy days, nothing like making your own next gen.

Last edited:
Definitely an inspiration to me. I've been sketching out a SoG hempy grow to put under a 240W LED. Planned on using 48oz cups that are about 8 inches tall but have the overall width of that fanta can. That plant is the perfect height for what I intended to do. +rep for sharing!!
Cheers mate, I'd keep some cannazym or something simular handy. The root system does get packed in those little containers.

Back