For the past several years, AFN has been supported and funded directly by the growers of the community through donations.
Current Operational Costs:
This forum: $200/month
Ideally, we would like to see the site funded to cover at least $500/month minimum expenses, which would allow us to unlock all of the features of Discourse (which provides a TON of improvements to what we do here, both for the members and for the vendors.)
With that said, we are looking at offering advertising banners on the site again (within reasonable limits.) We are also going to focus more on some Business-to-Business networking opportunities for existing vendors of the forum, where there is potential overlap or need for services to these companies and individuals.
If you would like to help donate to the site, our donation link is found here:
We are looking at being able to setup recurring donations as well (as some of you requested,) and we will work on a member contribution page to give credit and proper tribute to those that have helped keep this place alive and afloat.
We truly appreciate all the support and consideration you’ve all shown over the years; and on a personal note there is truly no place I’d rather spend my time than with this crowd.
Hey guys, the next Xenforo server (the old archive) site renews in a week. I’m hoping this will be the last month we have to pay for it as is; we’re going to figure out a far cheaper solution for it.
The next Discourse (this active forum) renewal is around the 21st of the month. I’ll get dates updated for reference on the initial post.
Hey everyone, it’s that time of month again! We are officially done paying on the old archival forum for AFN (it’s downloaded and backed up at the moment; a box similar to the one used in the Indiana Jones movie for the Ark of the Covenant is being constructed to store it in a top secret location.)
Our monthly goal for the active forum right now is $200.00 USD.
We have several new staff members that have recently joined our team and have been working on strategies to promote the forum; create new and meaningful content, interview more breeders and companies, and get the Cultivation Club product testing back into full swing.
As of the time of writing this; we have seen a massive upward shift in our new member registrations, posting, new topics created, and engagement! Our Instagramhas seen a massive uptick in views, we’re promoting more heavily on Facebook, and we are now officially on Reddit!
We are absolutely moving in the right direction!
Everyone has been so generous and helpful every month we ask; we are all so grateful that we have this community and appreciate any help, however big or small.
@Entombed I could see you as a staff member. Always great contributions, helping out, and an awesome attitude. Whatcha think buddy? Sorry to put you on blast, kinda lol. I’m sure there’s somewhere you’d be a perfect fit !
…I should point out that I can’t be doing this every moon though! But if the stars align, then I’ll try to bung a bit of coin AFNs way, as and when it’s an option…
If you had some sort of monthly patrion or buy me a coffee thing I would be down to donate monthly While I have money lol Nice donation incoming We should be good for a month Fogot to say I love all my AF peeps no PAUSE lol
Its a subscription thing I have a few for seeds Its automatic . I pay monthly and every 3 months I get a bunch of seeds lol you can do the same with donations . It can be an autopay thing . Have different tires $10.$20.$30 and $50 a month . My buddy has 60 people paying him $60 a month .
Yea the company takes a percent . Its just like subbing to a youtube channel . Most places give you a perk for the different tiers . lowest get like emojis access level 2 get level 1 plus T shirt after 1 year level 3 get level 1 and 2 and seeds ECT ECT I had to slow TF down I was at like 300 a month with the seeds at one point LOL and still buying packs.
Seeds may be a grey area on patreon. And we have the upcoming hemp ban. T shirts and coffee mugs though
Content vs. Commerce Rules
Allowed Content: You can discuss, create art about, or educate users on cannabis and hemp culture, growing, or advocacy under Patreon Community Guidelines.
Prohibited Commerce: You cannot sell physical goods, ingestibles, or merchandise containing hemp or CBD through Patreon’s commerce or tier benefit tools. Financial partners like Stripe and PayPal strictly prohibit transactions involving cannabinoids