Harvest & Curing Wood Moisture Meter

SHRED

"Onward through the fog!" - Oat Willie
Reaction score
Any advice or links on using this to determine when to cut and jar hanging plants?

Screenshot_20230112_145539_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I let my plants dry upside down in a dark tent at 60%RH (Temp @ 60-70F). Afterwards, I poke the stem inside the buds with the moisture meter. When we're between 9-12%, you're good to bag/jar it up. Hygrometers in the bag/jar to ensure your RH is where you want. GL! :peace:

I actually have need to get one of these for a loooooong assed time.

This is my meter.

ScreenHunter_273 Aug. 10 11.45.jpg

I put the buds still on stems in brown bags when it read 12%-13% and then into 1/4 Lb. Grove Bags at 11%. I add a hygrometer and zip closed for a few hours or overnight. If the hygrometer is in the 58% to 63% range I take the hygrometer out and heat seal the bag. Cure at least 2 weeks.

I have some over a year old and never opened until I need some. Works a treat.

This is my meter.

View attachment 1556632

I put the buds still on stems in brown bags when it read 12%-13% and then into 1/4 Lb. Grove Bags at 11%. I add a hygrometer and zip closed for a few hours or overnight. If the hygrometer is in the 58% to 63% range I take the hygrometer out and heat seal the bag. Cure at least 2 weeks.

MOG - at which point to you buck and trim? Or trim and buck?

This is my meter.

View attachment 1556632

How long in the brown bags?

Back