White Wedding by Ethos Looks a little hungry?

Reaction score
This gal is going on 3 weeks. She is in DWC. Distilled water . GH 10 part Flora Series PPM is 650 (500 scale) PH is 5.86 I broke the tap root when putting the wool in my pebbles so she struggled for a week, but now I am getting some fast root growth. :) I have a air gap of 1/4" bellow net pot. This is my first photoperiod in DWC. I have grown 2 Autos in DWC and overfed both times but was able to recover and have good quality at the end. My thoughts are she is a little hungry and maybe I should shoot the ppms to 700. Is this a good idea I am going to SCROG this. She is in a 4x4x6.5 ,4 -SF1000 (daisy Chained) 24" above plant Light meter says 387ppfd. Dimmer is 63%. . Oh yes water temp is 71 f and air temp is 74f to 75f. Running hydroguard. Night temps at around 69f air temps.
You people have always helped and I thank Yall again.
So should I up my ppms and ppfd and by how much ya think? (that is my thinking, but my thinking leads to disaster sometimes lol)
Any suggestions?
Thank you guys in advance ! I also maybe slow in responding due to I am trying to pass a kidney stone ugggghhhhh
ps RH@58%
20230806_093948.jpg
20230806_091942.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Get more experienced opinions. But you seem knowledgable and should just feed more and give more light, if that is what you think is appropriate (I don't really see a need/problems), particularly since there appears to be no issues with over feeding or excess light.

Your proposed going to 700 from 650 ppm is only a 7% increase -- seems like a trivial, insufficient change. If I presumed the plant is 'hungry,' I'd likely foliar feed - works much faster, simpler vs. reservoir changes, etc. (and I'd use Transport/Optic Foliar that allows more efficient top vs. bottom of leaves foliar feeding).

Get more experienced opinions. But you seem knowledgable and should just feed more and give more light, if that is what you think is appropriate (I don't really see a need/problems), particularly since there appears to be no issues with over feeding or excess light.

Your proposed going to 700 from 650 ppm is only a 7% increase -- seems like a trivial, insufficient change. If I presumed the plant is 'hungry,' I'd likely foliar feed - works much faster, simpler vs. reservoir changes, etc. (and I'd use Transport/Optic Foliar that allows more efficient top vs. bottom of leaves foliar feeding).

Thank You I tend to over think lol

what would you consider a sufficient change. 100 ppm or 150 ppm or more?

what would you consider a sufficient change. 100 ppm or 150 ppm or more?
How much to increase is up to you, but 7% is not much of an increase.

As noted, get some opinions from those with actual DWC experience, and also ideally experience with your nutes and the strains your growing.

@Mañ'O'Green is definitely the hydro expert.

@Orion I believe recently ran a pretty successful DWC plant.

I've not done it but.... I think the roots just need to grow down into the reservoir a little more. Once they establish I suspect the plant will take off on you. I like @BII 's suggestion for some foliar feeding to help boost it along. I think the leaves look good.

This gal is going on 3 weeks. She is in DWC. Distilled water . GH 10 part Flora Series PPM is 650 (500 scale) PH is 5.86 I broke the tap root when putting the wool in my pebbles so she struggled for a week, but now I am getting some fast root growth. :) I have a air gap of 1/4" bellow net pot. This is my first photoperiod in DWC. I have grown 2 Autos in DWC and overfed both times but was able to recover and have good quality at the end. My thoughts are she is a little hungry and maybe I should shoot the ppms to 700. Is this a good idea I am going to SCROG this. She is in a 4x4x6.5 ,4 -SF1000 (daisy Chained) 24" above plant Light meter says 387ppfd. Dimmer is 63%. . Oh yes water temp is 71 f and air temp is 74f to 75f. Running hydroguard. Night temps at around 69f air temps.
You people have always helped and I thank Yall again.
So should I up my ppms and ppfd and by how much ya think? (that is my thinking, but my thinking leads to disaster sometimes lol)
Any suggestions?
Thank you guys in advance ! I also maybe slow in responding due to I am trying to pass a kidney stone ugggghhhhh
ps RH@58%View attachment 1621881View attachment 1621882
@Foxtrot1970 jeez man I hope that stone has passed! I stopped counting around twenty. Not all of them hurt but some of them are the mother of pain!

It looks to me like your bubbles are too large and therefore also violent. The smaller the bubbles the better. If you look at the root that is still in the moist air, it has a bunch of fine lateral feeder roots that look like fuzz. These are the roots we strive to protect in the water from too much turbulence. The smaller the bubbles the more surface area to exchange oxygen to the water, it is from the water that the roots get the oxygen they need, not from bubbles touching the roots. I always had two stones on separate pumps in each bucket, one pump on a battery backup.

I believe I would add some Rapid Start the root stimulant or you can just use Kelp and Humic Acid 2:5 . Remember whenever using any organics in the reservoir to watch for a bio-film to from in the top. When you see one change the res. or every 7 days whichever comes first.

700PPM should be fine for the first two weeks then 800PPM for a week or two, then 1200 to 1400 depending on the strain.

Get that light up to 800PPFD and next week 1000PPFD

root1a.jpg

Thanks for the reply! This kidney stone stuff is truly an adventure. lol This one is 6mm and loves to move around but so far settles for 2 to 4 hours at a time so I do get some reprieve . Thank God.. So far no pain meds. I have been eating edibles that I made off my last run and surprisingly I have been able to handle the pain. :) I am not in a legal state but the Doc agreed with my form of pain management. ,
Ok I reduced the air volume at the manifold and have a picture of the bubbles now. Is this alright? Also this morning was change out time and replaced 843ppm and will also raise the ppfd up as well. Thanks for the information I am taking notes as well cause you know I forget lol .dang edibles
I have been giving her rapid start from the beginning. Good stuff. This is the second grow with GH not bad stuff for the price

Attachments

• 20230807_180758.jpg
    20230807_180758.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Ok I reduced the air volume at the manifold and have a picture of the bubbles now. Is this alright? Also this morning was change out time and replaced 843ppm and will also raise the ppfd up as well. Thanks for the information I am taking notes as well cause you know I forget lol .dang edibles
I have been giving her rapid start from the beginning. Good stuff. This is the second grow with GH not bad stuff for the price
Changing the volume of air did not change the bubble size and that is what we are looking to do. You need better air stones.

ScreenHunter_272 Jul. 31 18.10.jpg

Back