Harvest & Curing When is my CBD strain ready?

Olderfart

DIY whenever possible, and sometimes when it isn't
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Various strains, via MCT oil tincture, gummies, dry flower vaping.
Anyone here want to advise me on reading trichomes on an all CBD strain? I assume that I need at least mostly cloudy, but is amber of any use? What happens to cbd content if the plant is left past optimum? (as in THC going to CBN).

Thanks peeps. :pighug:

Anyone here want to advise me on reading trichomes on an all CBD strain? I assume that I need at least mostly cloudy, but is amber of any use? What happens to cbd content if the plant is left past optimum? (as in THC going to CBN).

Thanks peeps. :pighug:
Well, one question answered, sort of. CBD goes to CBE (cannabielsoin) during metabolic processing in whatever beast gets dosed with CBD (at least in the guinea pigs studied). It may also change in the buds with maturing or age through photooxidation or pyrolysis according to one illustration I dug up.
However, next to bugger all is known about CBE's effects other than it seems to not affect sleep in test animals, or show psychoactivity. Whether it operates significantly in the so called entourage effect is possible but not confirmed.

Bottom line seems to be that continuing to subject buds to more time under intense light once peak CBD levels occur may degrade CBD to CBE with uncertain effects on the usefulness of the bud.

Which suggests to me that going much beyond nearly all trichs cloudy would not be beneficial, and may be harmful.

Any thoughts out there? :pop:

If you're harvesting for just CBD then chop them when you see the most cloudy trichomes. I would wait to see a little amber personally, just so you know the terpenes and minor cannabinoids have had to preperly develop.

I need CBD for therapeutic purposes. So you have to harvest it before the amber appears?

CBD with amber trichomes is not good. I read a science paper some while ago that stated harvest with some clear trichomes. Been doing that ever since.

Back