Using two fans for two tents?

Qbgrower

Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Autoseeds - HiJack and Dreamberry. HSO - Sour Diesel
Hi folks!

I'm just about to start a new grow in the next week or so and looking to upgrade my fans.

My setup currently is a rather old and noisy 4" ruck fan with a 5 speed variac controller wired up to it and a 5" mammoth ec fan.

My plan is to buy a 6" ac infinity fan and use it alongside the mammoth both on splitters and have one as intake and one as outtake for 2 tents. Both tents will be on the same schedule and are 2x4s.

Does anyone run this setup or see any problems with it?

Cheers
Qb

Last edited:
Should be fine as long as there enough fan for the CFM of both tents. Size of tents will make a difference might be under powered if your running two big tents but probably fine if there smaller tents. I’ve tried doing this before with my dry tent hooked to grow tent but wasn’t a fan of it. My OCD didn’t like that I couldn’t get both tents where I wanted with one controller. I now have all my tents on separate fans and controllers

If you get the oscillating one, be aware they can blow but are not meant to oscillate 24/7...they'll develop a rattle after a while. Should not be a deterrent for getting one, just something I wish I knew when I bought one :cheers:
It's the cloudline s6 I'm talking about it will be attached to ducting.

Although I do have the oscillating fan and yes it does click when it oscillates now. Happened very quickly. I may see if I can get a replacement.

Qb

It's the cloudline s6 I'm talking about
That's the one, I'm talking about too :cheers:

it does click when it oscillates now. Happened very quickly. I may see if I can get a replacement.
Definitely, and don't wait too long...they are very good at replacements depending where you acquired it :hump:

That's the one, I'm talking about too :cheers:

Definitely, and don't wait too long...they are very good at replacements depending where you acquired it :hump:
Are you sure? How would it oscillate?

Qb

It's the cloudline s6 I'm talking about it will be attached to ducting.

Although I do have the oscillating fan and yes it does click when it oscillates now. Happened very quickly. I may see if I can get a replacement.

Qb

I had both my ac infinity oscillating fans replaced they were super cool about it got two new ones in days. But they already are clicking like the old ones. I know I have a warranty on the new ones too just don’t know if it’s worth getting two more that will be clicking in months again :shrug:

They do recommend only oscillating the fans for 18hrs continuously but I run them 24/7 cause the tents needs to have air movement otherwise it just asking for mold

Back