Final weight
SKUNK AUTO.......Was a great grow....I got 113g and 3 seeds...from pollinating with Dark jedi...put in a 1/4 pound cool velvet soft Grove bag...
20221126_122315.jpg
20221126_122319.jpg
20221126_122703.jpg

To forestall legal problems, I had to shut down my grow. But now I'm back up, and just ordered a 4x4 tent to make up for lost time.

I'm happy to report that thanks to our sponsor's generosity I still have plenty of 4WS seeds. Just now, I put 3 seeds in Root Riot plugs and planted them together in a 3 gallon pot. My plan is to have 1 female in that pot but if all I get are fems I'll try to grow out all three (probably with two in smaller pots depending on space because I'm going a little crazy with seeds right now).

Once again, apologies for bailing on you guys but I'm back and it's still technically Q3.....

Although the picture doesn't show it, I covered the seeds with plastic cups.

This is a living soil grow with "used" soil. I amended the soil with Buildasoil Craft Blend this morning, which is why I used the plugs.

I will be taking clones before flipping, so it's possible that I won't flip until March.
1000000210.jpg
1000000209.jpg
1000000211.jpg

I'm also in the process of writing software to help track grows, so I hope I get to the point where I can post automated reports by the end of this grow.

To forestall legal problems, I had to shut down my grow. But now I'm back up, and just ordered a 4x4 tent to make up for lost time.

I'm happy to report that thanks to our sponsor's generosity I still have plenty of 4WS seeds. Just now, I put 3 seeds in Root Riot plugs and planted them together in a 3 gallon pot. My plan is to have 1 female in that pot but if all I get are fems I'll try to grow out all three (probably with two in smaller pots depending on space because I'm going a little crazy with seeds right now).

Once again, apologies for bailing on you guys but I'm back and it's still technically Q3.....

Although the picture doesn't show it, I covered the seeds with plastic cups.

This is a living soil grow with "used" soil. I amended the soil with Buildasoil Craft Blend this morning, which is why I used the plugs.

I will be taking clones before flipping, so it's possible that I won't flip until March.
View attachment 1549599View attachment 1549600View attachment 1549601
I'm also in the process of writing software to help track grows, so I hope I get to the point where I can post automated reports by the end of this grow.

Oh yeah - if you notice the plastic mulch - it is made from leftover shower liner I used on a homemade grow closet I built. I had to burn the closet but I still have the mulch. :smoking:

Germination
Day three from first germination. All three have sprouted! I still have five or six and am considering sprouting them as well for a pheno hunt after some holiday traveling.

The ones that are hard to see are circled.

Read below if you're wondering why I moved them from the large pot to individual small ones.

1000000238.jpg

I received my 4x4 yesterday and set it up. Then I set out to transplant some clones and discovered that one of them was unable to put roots down to the bottom of the pot because my homemade soil had insufficient drainage.

I checked some seeds (of other strains) and found what I presume were fungus gnat larvae where the seeds used to be. In the final case I found three larvae and they hadn't yet completely consumed the helmet. So I moved the 4WS seeds to separate small pots. I'll be mulching with rice hulls as soon as they're tall enough.

I checked some seeds (of other strains) and found what I presume were fungus gnat larvae where the seeds used to be. In the final case I found three larvae and they hadn't yet completely consumed the helmet. So I moved the 4WS seeds to separate small pots. I'll be mulching with rice hulls as soon as they're tall enough.
If you want to treat the soil organically I can recommend using nematodes. Specifically Steinernema carpocapsae or if you are in a colder region Steinernema feltiae. Both can be used to treat any insect pest which has a larvae stadium in or near the soil. :cheers:

If you want to treat the soil organically I can recommend using nematodes. Specifically Steinernema carpocapsae or if you are in a colder region Steinernema feltiae. Both can be used to treat any insect pest which has a larvae stadium in or near the soil. :cheers:
And a little goes a long way. I used a couple scoops and was able to store the rest in the back of the frig for a year.

And a little goes a long way. I used a couple scoops and was able to store the rest in the back of the frig for a year.
Did you store them a certain way? I did know you could keep them in the fridge for some time, but a year is very long indeed :thumbsup:

Back