Indoor Twenty20 Mendo Speakeasy Double Whiskey Sour

NorseGrower

Plug Unplugged 2020
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
El Chem Kiwi, Pink Panama, Wedding Cake
Hello all,

I want to log a grow beginning to end so I can achieve my Cultivator's Club Badge. I have been debating the strain as its already a stressful choice as it is lol. When one of my orders came in today, I saw a chance to grow out and document an exciting new release from @Twenty20 Adam . As of this posting on 10/07/22 Double Whiskey Sour (Double White x Whiskey Zulu) is current freebie from NASC. This is a Twenty20 Mendo strain they developed a special series for NASC called the Speakeasy series. This is week 1 of 12 and if you are one of the first to collect all 12 they will give you a nice wooden collectors box. I don't need to place 12 orders lol but the name on this one spoke to me and I had to have it. I will be soaking this seed in standard tap water only for about 24 hours. I will then put into a Root Riot rapid rooter cube and put in a germination tray with dome in tent for couple days and hope to see a sprout. I use the rapid rooter cubes instead of direct sow so I can better ensure temp and humidity as well as avoid the hotness of the Fox Farm for a seedling and give it a little buffer. I try to transplant pretty soon after sprouting to avoid transplant shock and count day one as first full day with those all so recognizable leaves out. I hope to do a decent job with weekly updates and photos.

Some information about this grow:

Pot: I usually grow perpetually with 1 gallon pots as I like variety and stuffing my tent. But since I am documenting this grow, I want to give this one a bigger battery and more chance to perform. So I will be using 3 gallon fabric pot. I have some square AC Infinity 3 gals I have never used that I plan to try out.

Media: I use Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil. I know it is hot for seedlings so I use Root Riot rapid rooter cubes thinking it helps buffer in early days. I sometimes get some funkiness I chalk up to hot soil when they are in first weeks.

Nutrients: I have been working my way through lines trying to find my one. This plant will be first to see the Cold War Organics powdered nutrient line. I will be using Coming of Age, Angel's Touch and Bud Bread as my primary nutrients. I will be "saucing my bases" with some Ruby Ful#$%, Carbonaria and Winter Frost all from New Millennium as well as Fish Shit and Cal Mag. I feed every other watering and I will throw in some Recharge on water only days here and there throughout grow.

Methodology: I top my plants pretty young. I don't count nodes, I look at plant and decide if its time or not lol Sometimes its day 14, sometimes its day 20. Rarely later than that. I will use tomato clips to start the LST process fairly young and then go with tie downs to try to even out as well as I can. The pots I am using have slots on all 4 corners for bamboo stakes and thats how I plan to support if needed.

Dry & Cure: I will go for about 20% amber or so. Don't go too strict on that I don't even scope until the bud looks mature to the eye to me. I will let her go longer but with using Winter Frost, I have been seeing 75-80 days max but using bigger pot may push it closer to 85. She will tell me, this is just a guess. I chop plants whole and hang upside inside 4 ft lawn bags in closet as close to 60/60 as I can get for 10-14 days. Then a dry trim, possibly sweat in brown bag for day or two if needed then sealed in a Grove bag for at least a month.

OK, I think that's all to kick this off. Lets see how it goes :)

Start.jpg

Last edited:
Ok she is in her rooter plug. Tent space is valuable so I made a little germination pod out of a Rubbermaid, adjustable speed PC fan, seedling mat, some LED strips and a Grovee sensor. It does the trick and I sometimes will even plop two in their 1 gallon pots in here for first week if a plant is going long.

Next update when she sprouts

IMG_20221008_121438_(3467_x_2600_pixel).jpg

IMG_20221008_121430_(1968_x_2600_pixel).jpg

IMG_20221008_121424_(2374_x_2600_pixel).jpg

Very cool! T20 always have great strains. Neat that you got a special/limited one. That plant spike marker you made is fantastic.

Thank you! I've only grown their Snow-G. She was extremely dank and memorable. I'll be popping a Mendo Skunky Garlic in about a week but I'm not going to blog that one. It's going into perpetual set up in 1 gallon.

Ok week 1 official update (Day 4): she is underway and all is smooth. Water only for a good 3 weeks in this FFOF. On a side note, though unplanned, I'm still in the running for the Twenty20 Mendo box scoring week 2's Speakeasy Sidecar

IMG_20221015_143200_(1950_x_2600_pixel).jpg

IMG_20221015_143217_(4311_x_2600_pixel).jpg

Back