Serious PH drift with MegaCrop.....

MassMom

Just watchin my daughter enjoy my harvest!
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
I dont....I grow to help others :-)
-Problem: PH drift in my AutoPot rez 5.8 to 6.4 in 24 hours.

-Medium/grow method: Just canna coco in autopot with autopot rez.

-Feed and supplements used: 1/2 dechlorinated tap water 1/2 distilled bottled water with 3g/G Mega crop 9-6-17. Nothing else. PPM 610

-Water source: 1/2 distilled and 1/2 dechlorinated tap. TDS started at 5.85, drifted up to 6.4 in 24 hours.

-Strain and age: Healing Path High CBD Tester Seed

-Climate: 80 degrees, RH 50. Stays stable.

- Light used: Mars Hydro TSW2000, 20/4, 32" to canopy, PAR 340

-Additional info: Issue started when I turned on the rez. Sypmptoms showed up within a day. Ph drift up 5 points every 24 hours. Can see my lady start to suffer. pH and PPM in rez are the same as in autopot base.

I am not sure if it is my tap water (horrible stuff) so I am off today to get more distilled water and ditch the tap water totally. Per @Mañ'O'Green the calcium in my tap water is way to much in addition to the calcium in MC, so I started to use 1/2 tap 1/2 distilled, but still not sure why the drift is so high. I will totally get rid of tap water today and see if that helps. :frowny:

day 23.jpg

day 23a.jpg

day23b.jpg

Last edited:
I use the two part but used to use the one part. Using RO water I have basically zero ph drift in my res.

How do the roots look. When this happened to me it was because something was growing in the root zone.

Oh sorry. Re read your post. For some reason I thought you were in a DWC. Sorry. Never used an auto pot. I would think the Rez should be stable.

It would almost have to be something has gotten in there infecting it.

How do your valves at their point of connection to each pot look? I had some major root issues with an autopot grow due to one valve not regulating water levels correctly. It was staying flooded which led to root rot. Since you are seeing consistency between readings in rez & autopot I would assume this is not the issue, but wanted to mention it.

How do your valves at their point of connection to each pot look? I had some major root issues with an autopot grow due to one valve not regulating water levels correctly. It was staying flooded which led to root rot. Since you are seeing consistency between readings in rez & autopot I would assume this is not the issue, but wanted to mention it.
Thanks guys :cheers:

I pulled out the whole system, cleaned the heck out of it, re-set it up, and all looks good. sigh. Not sure what to do now other than now fill it up with pure distilled and Mega Crop and see what happens. Off to the store now.
:dizzy:

Last edited:
Maybe salts falling out of you nutrient solution? :pass:
I never had a big PH drift with AN nutrients. Then I switched to Mega Crop and I adore it, but I do get a lot of ph swing..never this big though. Have funny feeling it might be my crappy tap water. Off to store to get a few distilled gallons. It will be the highlight of my day, LOL.

Ph drift up 5 points every 24 hours.
[/QUOTE
pH drifts up 5 units every 24 hours, such as from 5.8 to 10.8 the next day! Are you sure you don't mean five 10ths (0.5) of a pH unit, or something else?

Back