Seed Stockers Seedstockers Gelato 41 4/20 Solo Cup Challenge 2021 - By NiceNEasy - Gelato 3 Ways.

The Bedroom Gardener UK

Dragon Abuser
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Cannabis, in all its forms.
Happy 4/20 all, even if a little early while writing this.

This is my journal into the Seedstockers Gelato 41 4/20 Solo Cup Challenge 2021, sponsored of course by overly generous :bow:Seedstockers.com and @Seedstockers-Mark on our amazing autoflower.net :bighug::bow: Also to @St. Tom for the organisation.

I am very pleased to be taking part in this competition, and being able to enjoy these new genetics - never mind the prize that's up for grabs, a $1000 over 3 places.

So I am here to stake my claim on some of that, and bring you Gelato 41 in 3 Ways.

First way is my usual, soil & perilte. The soil will be Bio Bizz All Mix. It is a first for me using expensive soil, but I thought I'd splash out.

Second way is in a standard Hempy Bucket. This is a mix of 2 parts perlite to 1 part vermiculite and then treated as hydro. I have done one of these before, many moons ago, and liked the results.

Third way is a non-standard Hempy Bucket. This is the same as above, but with an added solar pump which keeps a tiny res within the cup topped up & oxygenated feed. This is the one I've invested a lot of thinking time in, and most probably the one that will fall on its face & not make it. I do like a challenge though.

Thinking on it, that's probably still only 2 ways, but I've decided on the title now so we're just going to brush over it. :weed:

Kit is:

80x80x160cm Tent.
250w HPS. 20/4 for the duration.
Ionic nute range (Soil & Hydro).
Bio Bizz All Mix soil.

Please take a seat and grab your favourite smoking device, we have some work to do. :pass:

full

Last edited:
I've put 3 seeds into soak via my usual paper towel method 2 nights ago, still waiting for signs of life. They will be transferred to Root Riots once they have cracked & then onto their final containers. I've kept the other 2 seeds back, in case I club hand one of them & need to bring in a backup.

I dig the new packaging by the way.

full

full

Last edited:
Day 1.

Glad I put my seeds in to soak a few days ago, as we have first action on 4/20 to celebrate. 2 seeds up, and 1 waiting, but we are well within acceptable ranges still.

full

full

full

full

First plant in the solo cup. This is the Soil version. I'll pot the first Hempy tomorrow once it gets up proper.

full

Day 2.

All seeds up now, and transferred to their cups. There has been an issue with seed no3, in that the head was missing when it came up from the root riot cube.

I've seen this many times before and it usually sorts itself out, so I've treated the plant like there is no issue for now.

full

Back