Extraction Rosin Pressing

So…. I just went down a rabbit hole…from what I gather, the curing and whipping is done to make a more shelf stable product that won’t separate. Folks seem to do this because, as we know, dispensary products sell on a “bag/jar appeal” basis….so a smooth buttery product, or “diamonds in sauce”, or the other interesting textures that can be achieved by warm or cold curing and whipping, will sell better regardless of terpene loss or alteration.

Long story short, great if you own a dispensary, not great if you like terpy rosin….
Again, from what I gather. The internet has steered me wrong before..:haha:
Pretty much... As far as I'm concerned, if you're making your own every week or 2 there's no issues. Processing is for looks, but ideally you want to keep the taste as much as possible. This is why I like the cold cure. Takes no extra effort really, just a few days patience but will give a fancier texture and color. You'll never get separation, but it'll make it lean more towards the badder side of things instead of the sauce side

Pretty much... As far as I'm concerned, if you're making your own every week or 2 there's no issues. Processing is for looks, but ideally you want to keep the taste as much as possible. This is why I like the cold cure. Takes no extra effort really, just a few days patience but will give a fancier texture and color. You'll never get separation, but it'll make it lean more towards the badder side of things instead of the sauce side
Which way makes it lean to the high side. That’s my side. High. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Which way makes it lean to the high side. That’s my side. High. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
All the same. To me the extra stuff is for show, but I don't think the THC content really changes much at all with whatever I've done to it. You can lose terps but the rosin will still be potent. But when you make your own you can play with it :pass:

i tried making rosen with a hair straightener once.. it didnt work, so I cried myself to sleep and never tried it again! Presses are expensive, but ive always wanted to squish some dank.. reeeeeeee! :smoking:

Interesting stuff
Always wondered how it was done. Thank you.

How much Rosin would be pressed out of say an ounce of cured bud.

And is this the same as that shatter stuff? Or is that different?
Shatter is usually butane extracted rosins are pressed crumbles and sand are usually sifted in bags like bubble hash. As to how much you can get in an oz of good bud, well that will vary. Ive never pressed dabs myself though but I watch a lot of videos about it.

i tried making rosen with a hair straightener once.. it didnt work, so I cried myself to sleep and never tried it again! Presses are expensive, but ive always wanted to squish some dank.. reeeeeeee! :smoking:
Bet the missus was happy lol

Back