Grow Mediums Roots Organics Original

Reaction score
My run now is a pain in the ass with 50/50hf/of 20 %pearlite need advise on roots Organics Original please and thank you

FuxFarms has been McCrap soil for a while now with rare regional exceptions. I've lost count of the"patients" that came through Sick Bay here with their troubles tracing back to their soils, OF especially... HF seemed a bit better, likely because it was milder.
Badly off pH was the #1 issue, very acidic, I personally measured some bags in the low 5's! :nono: That is instant shit-show stuff, and it proved difficult to correct as well. It appears they don't cook it long enough for one thing....
Folk find a lot of debris too; rocks, wood chunks, etc.... been reports of buggie batches as well, soil gnats mainly.

RO Original is still OK, but if you can get it try Royal Gold King's Mix. RG is mostly a coco product company, but KM is a true soil in how it's put together, but is coco-based. No fuss with coco's usual CEC bitchiness though- :thumbsup: ... I like it because it does still have that fluffiness and great breathing capacity that coco brings, but it does dry out faster than peat based soils... More EWC can help with that water retention, and also humic-fulvic. This stuff is golden! lots of choices out there for this, I think the best value and quality is Ful-Humix dry (BioAg)... my 100g bag has lasted years, as it's very concentrated and you use small amounts (1/8 tsp)...

Check out the Reference section here located in Infirmary. There's a great article on humic-fulvic there, and one about chelation which is one of the many benefits h-f brings to the table!

I went from happy frog to Roots Lush, and its a very consistent peat based soil. It has enough for water only up to flower, but I add 20% Fishnure compost.

Back