Reversing a feminized plant back to ordinary,getting pollen

Reaction score
Howdy good people! :worship:

First post here.

The whole feminizing buissness annoys me, but yeah... I get the idea.

Ordering expensive feminized seeds again&again, = customs/police trouble.

I wanna make my own beans.

So how to get pollen from a feminized plant,do i stress it,

or use some chemicals,to make the feminized female plant male?

Or; If i get my hands on some male pollen,what will the outcome be,if

used on a feminized plant?

Thank you for your patience with an old man!

Howdy! :shooty:

Welcome to AFN!!

:welcome::welcome::welcome:

Howdy good people! :worship:

First post here.

The whole feminizing buissness annoys me, but yeah... I get the idea.

Ordering expensive feminized seeds again&again, = customs/police trouble.

I wanna make my own beans.

So how to get pollen from a feminized plant,do i stress it,

or use some chemicals,to make the feminized female plant male?

Or; If i get my hands on some male pollen,what will the outcome be,if

used on a feminized plant?

Thank you for your patience with an old man!

There's a couple of ways to reverse (or partly reverse) your female plant to make pollen.

CS (colloidal silver) spray used to be popular, but these days i think people use STS (silver thiosulfate) spray to get the same job done.

I'll try and find some threads and come back and edit them in :d5:

Edit: This one looks good and descriptinve!

There's also a chap that sells an STS kit that quite a few of the members have tested and reviewd.

Here's one

Last edited:
Welcome to AFN @potti :welcome::pass:
If you spray something to force a female to produce pollen you will still end up with feminized seeds. If you want to make your own seeds and crosses without the need for sprays a pack of auto regs would give you male/female seeds to start breeding your own. Gnome Automatics sells quality auto regs, recently bought myself some Coal Miners Daughter F5’s to cross with a bunch of my favorites. If you got your hands on pollen that originated from an auto male and pollenated your fem autos you would get auto regs. Stressing a fem to hermie would be last ditch effort as I don’t think it ever results in a nice even pollination within a time frame that allows the same stressed plant to carry seeds to maturity.

Welcome to AFN m8
:pass:

I like the ease of use of fem seeds. I reversed an auto with STS and used that reversed plant to make myself some beans. Grew 2 plants and got roughly 25 seeds each off em. (Very small stunted plants outdoors).

If it seems hard, trust me it isn't. I bought a pre-made spray of sts and it worked alright. I know the kits where all you have to do is mix the stuff together fresh are the best tho! Goodluck in your seed endeavors friend.

Also quick run down :
Fem(sts pollen donor) x Fem = Fem
Fem(sts pollen donor) x Reg female = Fem
Reg x Fem = Reg
Reg x Reg = Reg

Blackstrap by Gnome Automatics that I reversed. Notice the whiteish pollen sacks coming straight out of the purple buds hehe so cool.
20220917_150639.jpg

Hi again!
Almost a year now,since i was here.
The motherfuckers caught me!
But iḿ back,and iĺl never give up.
And thanks for the feedback guys :thanks:

Once the plant has been treated, I would remove it from the “smoking section”. There aren’t any studies I’ve seen on how these products react when heated and ingested.

better to be safe and toss the reversed plant.

I DID actually find some “non-feminized” regular auto seeds on La buena hierba,and seedstockers… Recommended ?

A lot of shops do not specify if the seeds are fem or regular - that sucks

Last edited:
I DID actually find some “non-feminized” regular auto seeds on La buena hierba,and seedstockers… Recommended ?

A lot of shops do not specify if the seeds are fem or regular - that sucks
Where are you located. If you're in america use us seed shops like www.multiversebeans.com, thats basically afn's own seedshop. Or rather the people that run it also help run and moderate afn. Otherwise we might know people where you are located that can provide a better list of seed shops for you to buy from. Any seedbank that doesnt list wether seeds are feminized or regular isnt worth buying from.

Back