SSSC Proph and the Lava Freeze

Proph

Regenerative Organic Grower
Staff member
AFN Global Moderator
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Its an absolute honor to be running the newest strain from SSSC. I've been chasing their rainbow for years! Its exciting to know they are back in business as breeders and as a seed bank! I've only read/heard stories about the famed M33 (Freisland), and am a huge indica guy. This will be right up my alley. I actually have the breeders cuts of the parents of Lava Freeze (Rado's grape pie & Sin Citys Thin Mints) but I haven't grown lava cake. I remember the drop from earlier this year thru phinest, and how fast it sold out though! Looking forward to some fast finishingl, dense, indica goodness!

I germed two seeds a few days ago. Directly into soil. No soak, paper towel, or cup.. All natur-al, lol. Both are going into 4 gal pots of Roots Organic Emerald Moutain. Ive mixed in bokashi oats, and will add a top dress come flower. Good ole fashion organic grow. Tap water, no ph'ing.

They will veg under 235 watts of 4k cobs. Then will flower under a 315 cmh with a 3100k bulb.

That's really about the jist of it. We have 6 weeks to veg (starting on the 18th) and I'm giving her the full time allotted.

Sssc was making and shipping legendary fire ass genetics before I was born! I will do my best to do them justice!

Lets get grrrroooowwwing!!
20190818_193145~2.jpg

Its an absolute honor to be running the newest strain from SSSC. I've been chasing their rainbow for years! Its exciting to know they are back in business as breeders and as a seed bank! I've only read/heard stories about the famed M33 (Freisland), and am a huge indica guy. This will be right up my alley. I actually have the breeders cuts of the parents of Lava Freeze (Rado's grape pie & Sin Citys Thin Mints) but I haven't grown lava cake. I remember the drop from earlier this year thru phinest, and how fast it sold out though! Looking forward to some fast finishingl, dense, indica goodness!

I germed two seeds a few days ago. Directly into soil. No soak, paper towel, or cup.. All natur-al, lol. Both are going into 4 gal pots of Roots Organic Emerald Moutain. Ive mixed in bokashi oats, and will add a top dress come flower. Good ole fashion organic grow. Tap water, no ph'ing.

They will veg under 235 watts of 4k cobs. Then will flower under a 315 cmh with a 3100k bulb.

That's really about the jist of it. We have 6 weeks to veg (starting on the 18th) and I'm giving her the full time allotted.

Sssc was making and shipping legendary fire ass genetics before I was born! I will do my best to do them justice!

Lets get grrrroooowwwing!!
View attachment 1093242

Excellent!! :D

It looks like we're on a very similar time frame & growstyle! Fingers crossed we both get a nice little seedling over the next few days!!
You've got your fancy Bokashi oats .. I've got my fancy biotabs :rofl:

It'll be interesting when all the others are up how the different growstyles compare!

:pop:

Another week! The two week pre germ period has come and gone. We have exactly 4 weeks (max) before we have to flip to flower. That time frame has always concerned me.. Both plants are growing very well so far, but I cant see either one being ready to flower in four weeks. I might be on the 4th node or so by then. Im tempted to just put them in the 12/12 tent now to ensure that they are somewhat mature by end of Nov.

Lavern:
20190901_214838~2.jpg

Shirley:
20190901_214909~2.jpg

Forgot to post the update for Sept. 9th in this journal. I got a little confused as to where we post. These two pics are about 48hrs after I sprayed my soil with and h2o2 mixture to help kill off fungus gnats. I accidentally got some on Laverns leaves. Thus the crazy looking pic. I've removed almost all of the fan leaves on both plants to try to get the branching to happen.

Lavern
20190908_235636_2.jpg

Shirlet
20190908_235631_2.jpg

And this update is for this current week. Fungus Gnat infestation is almost under control. After I removed the fan leaves, I noticed a bunch of foliage underneath that was getting very little light.. Both plants are under 6 inches from soil, in 4gal pots. Im tempted tp throw them in 12/12 now just to get some sort of stretch going. They definitely seem to be slow vegging plants. Only 2 weeks left before we have to flip.

Lavern
20190915_181315~2.jpg
20190915_181320~2.jpg

Shirley
20190915_181305~2.jpg
20190915_181253~2.jpg

My apologies. Life came calling! I think it's safe to say Im back to my regularly scheduled programming. Lavern and Shirley are still pushing. I'll post pics tonight.

Both plants seem to be going sativa times even though they have heavy indica genetics. I had to rearrange some things due to the long running times. We are on week 8 of flower and Im guessing I've got another month or so to go.

I've got two completely different phenos. One (Shirley) is tall and branchy, and is stacking it's calyxes like an old school haze. It has heavy trichome production and huge fan leaves. The other (Lavern) is short with decent side branching. It's flower formations are traditional golf balls. Not as much trichome production, but seems to be further along in flower than her sister. They both seem to have some sort of lemon or citrus back drop to the stem rubs. Both are leafy plants that feed heavy as well. Ive been pushing them pretty good, and not a single tip burn or leaf discoloration anywhere. Again, I will update pics tonight when I get back!

Oh, and if you ever have a serious fungus gnat issue, I highly recommend the BTI from gnatrol! Two weeks after using it, they were all dealt with. Not a flyer left. Stickies and bti. You'll be good in 2 weeks tops!

Back