Grow Mediums Promix organic garden mix( yellow bag)

This is my bread and butter, i ph my water to 6.0-6.4 wih good results on red and yellow bag of promix. I use autopots with these promix bags with great success. After each grow wash the salts out of the promix and reuse it.i have been bottom feeding a few plants and the yellow and red bag both wick up just fine even without added perlite or hydroton, those just help even more. I use mega crop 1 part also in all my grows so if you have any other questions shoot away.
Loving this post!!! I just bought two bags of the red at Home Depot and was a little skeptical because it’s not my normal…I bottom water/feed with mega crop once things are established, so I did your style and reassurances.

Loving this post!!! I just bought two bags of the red at Home Depot and was a little skeptical because it’s not my normal…I bottom water/feed with mega crop once things are established, so I did your style and reassurances.
Nice, happy you tried it out! i just bought 5 red bags at Walmart myself to start up my 4x4. i hope you enjoy the growing style, i leaned towards this grow style mainly because of autopots then i decided to bottom feed a plant vs a autopot setup and got equal results so i use both methods now :thumbsup:

I recently tried making my own Promix with a bale of peat-moss from Home Depot and added garden lime to balance out the peat-moss's PH and i meant to add perlite but forgot (whoops). That plant is in late flower now and looks good to me, the only thing i noticed is the stem is loose in the self made Promix so i had to tie supports around the base of the stalk to the container so the heavy buds don't lean it all the way over.

I'm not sure why the stalk was a little wobbly loose but this shows we don't need perlite to grow a good plant but i still suggest using it if you have the money for it.

Back