Mephisto Genetics Orange Bisquits in a basket!

pop22

Frankensteins Lab Leader
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Planted 2 Orange Bisquits tonight. Broke my routine and did thing different. First I planted direct to soil. I dislike doing so be we'll see how it goes. And I planted in 1.5 Gallon ( 6L ) hanging baskets! These girls are going to live on the edge of the light footprint and reflected . It actually works pretty well. I borrowed to idea from Tony21, who really knew how to pack a tent full! The light in this tent is built on Horticultural Lighting Group's Diablo boards. The Diablo has 648 Samsung LM301H ( currently exclusive to HLG ) and 18 Samsung LM351H 660nm Deep Red LEDs. My light runs four of these boards. Using measurements for a LUX meter and a conversion formula, the light is putting out 1034 PPF @400 watts! Not a plant in there going to be hurting for light!

They'll be fed the current Megacrop one part formula.

Orange Bisquits pic1 -12-6-2020.jpg
Orange Bisquits pic2 -12-6-2020.jpg
Orange Bisquits pic3 -12-6-2020.jpg

Very cool idea. So they grow complete start to finish in those hanging baskets?

And you're running soil w/megacrop? What kind of soil are you using? Sorry for all the questions, I'm just trying to dissect everyones setup who's better than I.

I use Lambert's organic potting soil mix. 80% of my soil has been recycled many times. Yes they will stay in the baskets start to finish. I'll be feeding the the current Megacrop one part formula. I feed from about day 7-10. I use the approximate ppm the entire grow. 500 to 565 ppms is my goal I shoot for 525 most of the time. a few strains need a little more. I PH to 6.45 and maintain a range of 6.4 to 6.5.

I've run the hanging baskets before. I call them free bud baskets because I don't fuss with them, they just do whatever they will do lol! At most they might get topped to keep them from being too tall.

Very cool idea. So they grow complete start to finish in those hanging baskets?

And you're running soil w/megacrop? What kind of soil are you using? Sorry for all the questions, I'm just trying to dissect everyones setup who's better than I.

Oh hanging cannabis I like that idea..
I also this round planted straight to soil wee after they opened in water. I usually go paper method then Into red solo cups then final container.

I've never had good luck with direct to soil. These I didn't soak or anything, just straight into the pot.
Hanging baskets are great when your growing short plants although you can make them work while growing bigger plants too, you just have to adjust spacing as needed. I have ropes with loops tied in them to hang the pots from, three loops to a rope for height adjustment. tied to the tent roof poles, i can slide them back and forth as needed.

These are for fun so i don't stress over them at all. And whatever bud I get is a bonus!

Oh hanging cannabis I like that idea..
I also this round planted straight to soil wee after they opened in water. I usually go paper method then Into red solo cups then final container.

Good Luck! I just went and reread the Mephisto description for Orange Biscuits and I see they are listed as medium-large plants. In mt time with Mephisto genetics, I view that as larger then 24" plants. But maybe the container (or lack of larger container) will limit the height. I am thinking you may need some LST. Gonna be a fun one. I will keep myself posted, thanks!

I've seen Tony21 grow 5ft plants in similar pots lol! Yep, going to be fun!

Good Luck! I just went and reread the Mephisto description for Orange Biscuits and I see they are listed as medium-large plants. In mt time with Mephisto genetics, I view that as larger then 24" plants. But maybe the container (or lack of larger container) will limit the height. I am thinking you may need some LST. Gonna be a fun one. I will keep myself posted, thanks!

Update:

Day 7

They sprouted just fine and are growing well. I feel they are a bit small for 7 days but it doesn't really mean much. Well see how they look in a few days, this is a fairly large pot to start in, they have about 1.5 gallons on soil in them.

Orange Bisquits plant1 pic1 -12-15-2020.jpg
Orange Bisquits plant2 pic1 -12-15-2020.jpg

Planted 2 Orange Bisquits tonight. Broke my routine and did thing different. First I planted direct to soil. I dislike doing so be we'll see how it goes. And I planted in 1.5 Gallon ( 6L ) hanging baskets! These girls are going to live on the edge of the light footprint and reflected . It actually works pretty well. I borrowed to idea from Tony21, who really knew how to pack a tent full! The light in this tent is built on Horticultural Lighting Group's Diablo boards. The Diablo has 648 Samsung LM301H ( currently exclusive to HLG ) and 18 Samsung LM351H 660nm Deep Red LEDs. My light runs four of these boards. Using measurements for a LUX meter and a conversion formula, the light is putting out 1034 PPF @400 watts! Not a plant in there going to be hurting for light!

They'll be fed the current Megacrop one part formula.

View attachment 1262238View attachment 1262239View attachment 1262240
Wowie Zowie!!!! I got a full on half chubb from that first pic!
god thats so awesome! You lucky dog!
CANNOT wait to see how these turn out!!!

Back