Newbie needing help - Faint yellow tips

Reaction score
Hi guys,

So, a little back story regarding this plant. Overall, I'm really pleased with how she's going for my first plant. She's had some LST to expose sites better, and she's grown pretty big. Now, in terms of feeding (which I thought would be the issue), I have barely given this plant any nutrients... seriously.

She looks a bit droopy in the pic because it's lights off and she needs a water. Quickly perks up and prays during the day.

Specs:

Strain: FB Cream Cookies

MS1000 @ 24" & 75% power. Been around about this since day 1.

Medium: BioBizz LightMix (30% perlite)

Nutrients: BioBizz Root Juice and BioBizz Grow (so far)

Light Schedule: 20/4

Temperatures: Consistent 25c

RH: Consistent 70%

Day 0 - 12: Just water and root juice.

On day 13, I gave her 1/4 strength grow nutes and 1 litre of water. The day after, the new growth showed signs of these yellow tips, so I thought I'd fed her too early. Point taken.

Day 18: 1 Litre of water with 1/4 strength grow nutes again. Burnt tips persisted. Point taken, twice as hard this time.

Day 22: 1 Litre of water with 0.2ml of calmag.

Day 24: 1 Litre of water with 1/4 strength grow nutes and 0.2ml calmag.

Day 26: 1.5 Litre of water with 1/4 strength grow nutes and 0.2ml calmag (started to show sex here)

Day 28: no grow nutes and 0.2ml calmag

Day 31 (today) and she needs another drink. However, I'm still seeing these yellow tips on the new growth. I know they aren't the worst, but surely I am not overfeeding her with the above schedule? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 21
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    475 KB · Views: 25
Those are signs of over feeding mate. If it's hot where you at, dial back on the nutrients as plants are using more water for respiration. Let's say use the same quantity of nutrients, but use 1.5L of water. And if it's hot try to water twice a day. That being said you plant looks still looks good :thumbsup:

Never noticed what kind of water? Did I miss it?

Never noticed what kind of water? Did I miss it?

Nope, my bad, I missed that! Running straight tap water as I'm using a good soil (should buffer down to 6.5).

My tap water is really soft (shouldn't matter as not using nutrients with salts), but has a ppm of about 50 for the record.

PH of tap water is about 7.2, which should be ok to just use without PH up and down.

Those are signs of over feeding mate. If it's hot where you at, dial back on the nutrients as plants are using more water for respiration. Let's say use the same quantity of nutrients, but use 1.5L of water. And if it's hot try to water twice a day. That being said you plant looks still looks good :thumbsup:
Thanks for the reply mate. See, I thought it was overfeeding too, but I was just so convinced that there's no way over the course of a month like 2ml of grow nutes could have done that. What you say makes sense, I'll just dial it down but going to do one more nute-free feed tonight before I go back to the nutes!

Keep us in the loop how it turns out mate. Maybe even start a diary :baby:

I was going to do this when I first started, but decided to log it offline. I've got progress updates from pretty much every day, I'm going to spend some time opening up a diary on here... some amazing knowledge which has served me so well already, may as well document the first attempt!

Take a look at some VPD charts online. At this stage in your growth, 70% RH is too high.

Take a look at some VPD charts online. At this stage in your growth, 70% RH is too high.

I do use VPD charts. 25c and 70% RH is fine. In fact, it's perfect, but now I'm coming into flower it definitely needs lowering.

I've started to lower my RH to around 50 - 60 now she is pre-flowering.

Last edited:
Back