My STS and Gibberellic Acid uses, and recipes.

Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Smoking Monkey's Durban Poison Auto
Hi, I don't get on here too much, but I really appreciate all the knowledge everyone shares.
It has helped me a lot in my autoflower breeding endeavors.
I thought I would add something that is rarely mentioned. Gibberellic Acid, and how I use it with STS.
I make, sell, and list ingredients for STS. (I'm currently sold out of Sodium Thiosulfate anhydrous, but will have it in on Monday).
I used to use CS, but the STS I only have to spray once every 3 days, or even once a week works good. It works 100% of the time, and turns what I spray 100%, with no female pistols showing.
I usually get pollen by day 21.
This last year I started spraying the reversed buds 1 time with 50 PPM's of Gibberellic Acid 90%, on around day 17-20 after the last STS treatment, and that causes the male flowers to stretch way out, like a real male, and makes more viable pollen, that stays drier, and not all bunched up like a reversed bud, where I have to pluck them off with tweezers, and dry in a cup.
I'll throw up some links with my recipe, ingredients, and some pictures of the STS/GA3 treated buds, in case anyone wants to try it themselves.
Here is a Green Gelato Automatic by Royal Queen Seeds, that was treated with STS, then I sprayed it 1 time with GA3 on day 17. The pictures show them 1 week later.
This is the youtube video of it-

My youtube channel is dedicate solely to breeding autoflowers, and making autos from Photos.
I'm currently working on making an auto Freakshow, and other autoflower experiments.
My first video on Youtube shows making STS spray, and has the recipe in the description-

*edit*

Attachments

• 004_Moment(2).jpg
    004_Moment(2).jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 72
  • 004_Moment.jpg
    004_Moment.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 71
Last edited by a moderator:
:toke: Mate, good info here! Most breeders I know prefer STS... GA is an interesting twist, I'll inquire with a couple great breeders I know about this... :thumbsup:

That said, for personal sales and advertising from members here, you need to go through Admin. first, and get some sort of vetting process going. Otherwise it's against TOS rules here... Unfortunately it's the nature of the (scammer) beast that forces AFN to do this, no doubt you get it though! We do what we can to protect membership and AFN's good name, since in the past such liberties were ill-taken advantage of.... :nono:

I'll have to edit out the sale pitch stuff, sorry! We can revisit this after the New Year, as some Admin. are on stand down for the Holidays....:pass:

Hi, I don't get on here too much, but I really appreciate all the knowledge everyone shares.
It has helped me a lot in my autoflower breeding endeavors.
I thought I would add something that is rarely mentioned. Gibberellic Acid, and how I use it with STS.
I make, sell, and list ingredients for STS. (I'm currently sold out of Sodium Thiosulfate anhydrous, but will have it in on Monday).
I used to use CS, but the STS I only have to spray once every 3 days, or even once a week works good. It works 100% of the time, and turns what I spray 100%, with no female pistols showing.
I usually get pollen by day 21.
This last year I started spraying the reversed buds 1 time with 50 PPM's of Gibberellic Acid 90%, on around day 17-20 after the last STS treatment, and that causes the male flowers to stretch way out, like a real male, and makes more viable pollen, that stays drier, and not all bunched up like a reversed bud, where I have to pluck them off with tweezers, and dry in a cup.
I'll throw up some links with my recipe, ingredients, and some pictures of the STS/GA3 treated buds, in case anyone wants to try it themselves.
Here is a Green Gelato Automatic by Royal Queen Seeds, that was treated with STS, then I sprayed it 1 time with GA3 on day 17. The pictures show them 1 week later.
This is the youtube video of it-

My youtube channel is dedicate solely to breeding autoflowers, and making autos from Photos.
I'm currently working on making an auto Freakshow, and other autoflower experiments.
My first video on Youtube shows making STS spray, and has the recipe in the description-

*edit*

Thanks for this post brother. Haven't seen the clips yet, but might I ask...When do you start spraying with STS? Because I once accidentally sprayed a branch at very young age, forgot about it and noticed to late. You prolly know what happend :wall:
But I only sprayed it that one time at around day 10 and it only made male flowers. No female traits what so ever.
I've got GA3 amongst my inventory, so I'll be trying your recipes next summer in the greenhouse.

On another subject. Have you messed around with BAP, TRIA and BRASS? A couple of years ago I found several studies and forum posts about a recipe with these three substances. (50ppm BAP, 15ppm TRIA and 0.1ppm BRASS)
When given to photos at day 20 and 21 it will put that plant in overdrive on the condition that it's already growing well, the temperature is on the high side (+28°C / +82°F) and has loads of light. I used it on a couple of plants in the greenhouse and they got big (see my signature), but flowering seemed to be delayed for at least one to two weeks compared to the other growers who where growing the same strain...

Regards,

B

Last edited:
:toke: Mate, good info here! Most breeders I know prefer STS... GA is an interesting twist, I'll inquire with a couple great breeders I know about this... :thumbsup:

That said, for personal sales and advertising from members here, you need to go through Admin. first, and get some sort of vetting process going. Otherwise it's against TOS rules here... Unfortunately it's the nature of the (scammer) beast that forces AFN to do this, no doubt you get it though! We do what we can to protect membership and AFN's good name, since in the past such liberties were ill-taken advantage of.... :nono:

I'll have to edit out the sale pitch stuff, sorry! We can revisit this after the New Year, as some Admin. are on stand down for the Holidays....:pass:
No problem. I totally understand. I only did it cause I figured people might ask where to get it. Happy New Year! :smoking:

Thanks for this post brother. Haven't seen the clips yet, but might I ask...When do you start spraying with STS? Because I once accidentally sprayed a branch at very young age, forgot about it and noticed to late. You prolly know what happend :wall:
But I only sprayed it that one time at around day 10 and it only made male flowers. No female traits what so ever.
I've got GA3 amongst my inventory, so I'll be trying your recipes next summer in the greenhouse.

On another subject. Have you messed around with BAP, TRIA and BRASS? A couple of years ago I found several studies and forum posts about a recipe with these three substances. (50ppm BAP, 15ppm TRIA and 0.1ppm BRASS)
When given to photos at day 20 and 21 it will put that plant in overdrive on the condition that it's already growing well, the temperature is on the high side (+28°C / +82°F) and has loads of light. I used it on a couple of plants in the greenhouse and they got big (see my signature), but flowering seemed to be delayed for at least one to two weeks compared to the other growers who where growing the same strain...

Regards,

B
I start spraying as soon as I see female pistols. Usually week 3.
I haven't tried the other things you mentioned. Thanks. I'll look into those.

Be sure to keep your reversed females in a low humidity environment.
I was trying to get pollen from this auto twice, and I got bud rot! The humidity was 65%.
The bud was big, and the plant is 10 weeks old.
I started spraying it in 3 day intervals again, and it wasn't drying good enough.
All the other plants in the room are fine.
It's OK though. I got plenty pollination on it's sisters from the first flush of flowers.
I just wanted to see if I could start spraying again, and start it over.
I stil have good buds that aren't moldy, and they're making male flowers, but I'm missing the windo for the younger plants, and I want my seeds to all be done at the same time, so I'm going to end this experiment in a few days.
I have baby F3 Critical '22 autoflowes in the 2x2 tent. Time to move on.
:)Mold in rev female 003_Moment (2).jpgMold in rev female 004_Moment.jpgCritical 22 F3 003.jpg

Last edited:
That's some serious mold you've got there...
Yes it was. 2/3 of that branch was growing it.
I finally quit experimenting with that plant, and disposed of it. I got plenty of pollination from it 2 weeks ago, on the older plants, but the younger ones were too young to make many seeds.
I have to start on my Critical '22 Autos now. They are F3 babies, and should be 75% autos. I used a Fastbuds' Gorilla Cookies for the Autoflower half.
These are more pictures of the reverse female before she molded.GC update 6 weeks Freaks 8wks 001_Moment (2).jpgGC update 6 weeks Freaks 8wks 001_Moment(4).jpgGC update 6 weeks Freaks 8wks 001_Moment.jpg
Here's 1 of the only 2 Critical Autos I got from the F2s- She was about 38" tall. I'm excited for this next batch!
1641332877908.jpeg

Back