Extraction My Haribo Gummy Clone Recipe - Ethanol extraction/FECO

Tools you will want/need.
  • Tools of The Trade - Part 1.

Couple tools that I use, though you can make them without:

Silicone whisk = stir gently and avoids bubbles in your gummy mixture. Works better for this than a metal whisk. And I would always avoid using a little immersion/hand blender. Reason being that a metal whisk can add bubbles to your gelatin and the hand blender certainly will. If you have ever made gummies with lots of bubbles this is why. Though it is a little bit of an "art" to mix the gelatin, a silicone whisk helps a lot:

Amazon product

I use 3.5ml gummy bear molds for my recipe I do have some smaller 3.0 ones but I prefer 3.5. My recipe will make 175 3.5 bear gummies, give or take. =

Amazon product

I also use a little saucepan only for gummies. Needs to be one with a fairly thick/heavy bottom which is really hard to tell online. But this one works great:

Amazon product

Finally, some condiment squeeze bottles. Makes filling your molds way easier and faster. Plus if your gelatin start to set, you can pop them in the microwave for like 30 seconds and be back to filling your molds real quick.

Amazon product

Flavor oils really help cover the weedy flavor. I get whichever flavor matches my jello/gelatine:

Amazon product

Back