Moon Shrooms: Growing Psilocybin Mushrooms with TimeTraveler

How is this going? Have you had time to test the LC yet?

How is this going? Have you had time to test the LC yet?

Not so good...was not sure the initial batch was made right, as a test cake didn't germ. I've been VERY hectic at home these past two months, and before I could get to the rest of the culture (specifically the second jar which seemed better) we had a minor disaster here at home and I lost a number of things. Not wanting to go into deep details, but my stash spot was affect and I lost my liquid cultures, all my seeds (SO fucking awful! I had like 9 more to go!), and my bong. Luckily I dry and cure my weed elsewhere so I didn't lose my harvest from my most recent grow, and I still have my old reliable pipe for smokin'. Still, a rather dire setback all around.

Shit, sounds harsh. Glad to see you're holding it together!

• The reason things aren't going well is because your jar lids have no way to let the myc breathe. The injection port is good, but you have no way of letting it breathe, so the culture is suffocating. There are lots of ways to make air filters for your jar lids, but the best ones are synthetic filter disks and whatman syringe filters (SFD for grain and pf, whatman for LC). These filters are superior to tyvek and polyfill as they do not allow anything larger than .3 microns to get through. For a reference size, bacteria are 3-5 microns and fungal spores are 5-30 microns. You can glue them over a small hole in the lid with the same silicone you used to make your injection ports.

Back