Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it emissions you're testing for?

No...annual road worthy checks we get here...all Europe...on any vehicle over 3 years old.

It drove to the test centre and passed it's Test no probs..... :headbang: ...drove it home...no probs......went to the pub for his poker session..and it wouldn't start....

Sooo...I picked him up and we left it up there until we could get the mechanic out...and a tow truck........:doh:

Because it has been driven so far....the petrol has got into the engine...so it needs fully flushed.

We've got 3 cars...2 are petrol......one slip of the mind huh...?......:pass:

Funny enough....when it went for it's test....the garage owner said....how come his car smells of petrol...when it's a diesel....she could actually smell the difference.......but they didn't Click what he had done......:pass:

No...annual road worthy checks we get here...all Europe...on any vehicle over 3 years old.

It drove to the test centre and passed it's Test no probs..... :headbang: ...drove it home...no probs......went to the pub for his poker session..and it wouldn't start....

Sooo...I picked him up and we left it up there until we could get the mechanic out...and a tow truck........:doh:

Because it has been driven so far....the petrol has got into the engine...so it needs fully flushed.

Hopefully thats all it needs. This can cause horrible detonation, and because gas is a solvent rather than an oil essentially the fuel pump runs dry and can damage pump and injectors.

Funny enough....when it went for it's test....the garage owner said....how come his car smells of petrol...when it's a diesel....she could actually smell the difference.......but they didn't Click what he had done......:pass:
That's a bummer for sure. Hopefully nothing else happened running gas through it.

A friend of my wife gave her some medicated fudge and cookies and stuff last week.

Last night I ate a piece of orange fudge she'd made.

Within an hour all I wanted to do was crawl into bed and sleep.

I slept 10 hours straight, didn't even get up to pee.

I told her she should call it "TV Static" because thats how it made me feel.

A friend of my wife gave her some medicated fudge and cookies and stuff last week.

Got to love a good night's sleep from a good edible!

Hopefully thats all it needs. This can cause horrible detonation, and because gas is a solvent rather than an oil essentially the fuel pump runs dry and can damage pump and injectors.

Yup......... :headbang: ...

That's a bummer for sure. Hopefully nothing else happened running gas through it.

Yup....:headbang:...

#FingersCrossed ...all our vehicles are over 20 years old now........and in danger that any major repair costs means they are going to the great scrap yard in the sky.......:pass:

Got to love a good night's sleep from a good edible!

Deep restful sleep is one of our Most Important meds........:pass:.

If I understand correctly, gasoline was added to the diesel that was already in the tank. There must have been a fairly decent amount left in the tank when the gasoline was added. That's actually kind of bad. If the tank had been empty or close to it, the car wouldn't have started. The chances are the injector pump is more than likely fried. The engine ran for enough time to get home. That means that mixture went through that injector pump Without the same amount of lubrication it would normally have. Those tolerances in that pump are extremely tight. Without the full lubrication of the diesel I imagine The injector pump is shot and more than likely so are the Injectors it kind of depends on what kind they are and what kind of system the diesel has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back