Lighting Just throwing this out here, you have a $400.00 target ( not set in stone), what l light are you buying ?

$400.00 target, not set in stone, what light are you buying. Gorilla 4x4 tent.
I made my own screw in arrays. You can get a lot of light for $400 that way. 😊

Nice choice @throxic . Good specs on it. I think it was @Zer0 who tested one of their panels and was pretty happy with it.
I tested a reviewed a Cultiuana 660w panel and i LOVE it, seems they are sold out but for a $400 limit they offer a 480w panel that seem like it would be great. My CT-660 hits over 700w in my testings so i bet that 480w is a 500w+ panel. mine has been going nonstop for 16 months now and no issues.

good luck with the panel you decide to go with.

I tested a reviewed a Cultiuana 660w panel and i LOVE it, seems they are sold out but for a $400 limit they offer a 480w panel that seem like it would be great. My CT-660 hits over 700w in my testings so i bet that 480w is a 500w+ panel. mine has been going nonstop for 16 months now and no issues.

good luck with the panel you decide to go with.

Thanks, going to look at your review/journal.

Anyone have any thoughts/opinions on Medic Grow Smart 8 light ?
Solid light for a 5x5. They say no heat output, though, I'd be skeptical of that with the driver built into the light. Optimum flower hanging height appears to be 22-24 inches for no CO2. If you haven't yet, I highly recommend checking out Dr. MJ Coco's light reviews - he has one on that light too!

Thank you everyone, keep them coming. I've always done alright with my cobshop lights but - - - just wondering if there is room for improvement.
There is something about those single pendant autocobs that just kick ass and produce big yields. I've tried and use multiple different boards with samsungs lm301B's (100ish watts) to campare and they just don't produce as well as the cobs @ 60 watts. Mars, Spider farmer, viperspectra to name a few. To be honest I really don't think the brand name matters much as they all use the same Led's depending on price point. The only real variance between them honestly is the driver. I'd be willing to bet they even use the same board builder with the exception of HLG, I think they might have their own SMT department. Sadly I had to move away from the single pendant cob style of growing as it's cheaper to buy larger light's as your operation grows.

Anytime I buy a new light I always check out the "migro" youtube chan and the coco for cannabis light calculator. Those guys do some great light testing.

Back