New Grower Jean-O's Root Beer Float

Carve

Grow dad
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Voodoo was a resounding success, so I wanted to keep some @Jean-O s Genetics going. I got a pack of Root Beer Float as a freebie and want to see if I can get that flavor into our rotation.

I'm growing one more or less the same way I grew voodoo--in a 1gal pot of coco using megacrop nutrients.
PXL_20220201_212539337.jpg

Things are a little weirder with the other two.

Kittyponics:
PXL_20220201_212850264.jpg

This is a crude DIY Dutch Bucket set up made with kitty litter containers. It recirculates with a gravity drain. These are in a 2x4 tent with 300 total watts of lighting.

The girls are hanging in there. The game right now is just keeping them happy until they get their root systems established. I expect them to take off in a couple of weeks.

PXL_20220207_145505524.jpg

As far as the parts I used, here are the important bits:
Bulkheads: Horiznext 3/4 inch PVC Bulkhead Fitting, Plastic Pipe Connector for rain Barrel Garden Hose Adapter Spigot kit Water Tank Gallon Drain Bucket (pack of 4 pcs) Amazon product
Manifold+drippers: I don't know if I'd use these if I did it again. Getting these tiny tubes into the barbs is a pain in the ass(3.3 GPH) - 12 Plant Drip Grow Kit - Starter Hydroponics Irrigation Bubbler / Manifold Kit - Includes 100'ft 1/8" Distribution Tubing, Emitter Stakes, Manifold & Plugs (Pots Sold Separately) (3.3 GPH) Amazon product
Pump:
EcoPlus Eco 396 Water Pump Fixed Flow Submersible Or Inline For Aquariums, Ponds, Fountains & Hydroponics - UL Listed, 396 GPH, Black Amazon product
Hose for pump:
TotalPond Vinyl Tubing, 1/2-inch Amazon product
Fitting for bottom of manifold to pump hose:
Parker Hannifin 325HB-8-8N Par-Barb Nylon Male Connector Fitting, 1/2" Hose Barb x 1/2" Male NPT, White Amazon product
Paint strainer bags for holding media:
Paint Strainer Bags White Fine Mesh Filters Bag Bucket Elastic Opening Strainer Bags Hydroponic Paint Filter Bag for Paint Gardening (5 Pieces, 5 Gallon) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08922SWT4/ref=cm_sw_r_awdo_navT_g_M2325K3V41WVJB7XVK07

The rest was just a 2" pvc pipe for the drain and little elbows for bulkhead to drain, etc. Also the pump is on a nearpow digital cycle timer.

Very smart setup you've got there :thumbsup:
There's an initial cost, but I think you'll enjoy that many harvests to come.
I've got a tip for you. Order yourself a bottle of hydrogen peroxide and flush your tubing after each grow, that way you'll (almost) never will get plugged tubing or drippers.

Voodoo was a resounding success, so I wanted to keep some @Jean-O s Genetics going. I got a pack of Root Beer Float as a freebie and want to see if I can get that flavor into our rotation.

I'm growing one more or less the same way I grew voodoo--in a 1gal pot of coco using megacrop nutrients.
View attachment 1414735
Things are a little weirder with the other two.

Kittyponics:
View attachment 1414736

This is a crude DIY Dutch Bucket set up made with kitty litter containers. It recirculates with a gravity drain. These are in a 2x4 tent with 300 total watts of lighting.
Yes! Definitely along for this one as I'm planning on running this one asap!

Back