Is it a loss ?

vondetour

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
I started my two plants on 17 feb and my northern lights autoflower started flowering on 8 apr. My mystery plant just keeps growing so I went from 18/6 to 12/12 as per someone here advised thinking it might not be a autoflower back on 16apr. This morning I checked again and no sign of flowering after 16 days of 12/12 lighting. My question for you is do I toss it in the trash or keep it ?.

Try switching to 11/13 see if it needs that extra hour sometimes works for stubborn photos. What genetics are you running? Do you have pics? I am against tossing plants it's against my nature 🤣 I would try 11/13 and if that don't work maybe someone else has another way.

Try switching to 11/13 see if it needs that extra hour sometimes works for stubborn photos. What genetics are you running? Do you have pics? I am against tossing plants it's against my nature 🤣 I would try 11/13 and if that don't work maybe someone else has another way.
No idea what genetics they are, I ordered 3 northern lights from seedsman.com and got one free seed. The free seed is the one that will not flower. Oh this is my first time growing BTW

Awesome glad your growing it's a lot of fun. Sounds like a photo to me. See quite a few people recommend the 11/13 to kick it into gear but you have to have a light proof area for that plant. No light leaks. Its really up to whether or not you have a separate area for it because IDK if I would give your other plant 11/13 will slow growth down. Pics would be helpful though.

Awesome glad your growing it's a lot of fun. Sounds like a photo to me. See quite a few people recommend the 11/13 to kick it into gear but you have to have a light proof area for that plant. No light leaks. Its really up to whether or not you have a separate area for it because IDK if I would give your other plant 11/13 will slow growth down. Pics would be helpful though.
Both are in a 2x4 grow tent with intake and exhaust fans on a inkbird controller to keep temps between 74-77 and 2 100 watt lights, I have a 6 in fan running 24/7. I feed with Fox Farm Liquid Nutrient Trio Soil Formula 1/4 what the instructions says plus there in fabric pots filled with FoxFarm Happy Frog Potting Soil and they are in 100$ darkness when lights goes off.

You should be good to go then. If it was me I would try the 11/13 lighting first than to cut it down. If that doesn't work you can always throw it outside let it grow the rest of the year if it decides to flip naturally then you'll have a massive tree 😁 that is if you are able to of course.

You should be good to go then. If it was me I would try the 11/13 lighting first than to cut it down. If that doesn't work you can always throw it outside let it grow the rest of the year if it decides to flip naturally then you'll have a massive tree 😁 that is if you are able to of course.
I did have the lights on a 18/6 schedule then was told to try 12/12c schedule, I just reset the timer to11/13 and will give that a go. I thought cannabis plants only live a short time, so it could live a long time ?

I did have the lights on a 18/6 schedule then was told to try 12/12c schedule, I just reset the timer to11/13 and will give that a go. I thought cannabis plants only live a short time, so it could live a long time ?

Yes if it’s a photo it could live a long time in veg you have switched it to 12/12 or less but is the DLI in range this is a bit above me even if it is a photo it should flower under 12/12

Both are in a 2x4 grow tent with intake and exhaust fans on a inkbird controller to keep temps between 74-77 and 2 100 watt lights, I have a 6 in fan running 24/7. I feed with Fox Farm Liquid Nutrient Trio Soil Formula 1/4 what the instructions says plus there in fabric pots filled with FoxFarm Happy Frog Potting Soil and they are in 100$ darkness when lights goes off.

Not sure if there’s much science to it but I think you could also try giving the plant a PK boost with the 12/12 to help signal flowering

Back