ImKillface Shroom Growing

Reaction score
Hello All,

I have been working on growing shrooms for a couple months now. While getting off to a rough start, 2 bad batches during colonizing substrate, I have finally harvested my very first shrooms!

Strain: Meztapec
Container: 29Q Hefty Tub
Spawn: Rye
Substrate: poo mix

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

1st Flush: 50g Dry.

Currently on 2nd flush after getting a nice dunk for about 3 hours to rehydrate the substrate.

Coming next: Pink Buffalo's in a 45l / 12g Sterlite Tub. Just starting fruiting conditions today.

Awesome killface! Is that an LED you have them under?

Yah! I had some room in my small grow closet, its just getting some of the indirect light from it, instead of running additional lighting.

Hey, I might get a couple spores working. I know I need a sanitary environment and a good seal on the jar full of substrate I'm cleaning and innoculating. So once I have a sterile ecosystem set up for p. cubensis... I have to turn over the mycelium to a fruiting chamber, right?

Just kinda working my way through the procedure so I understand it a little better. Feel free to jump in anyone if ya got tips or whatever. This will be my first time growing fungi. Looking forward to dried and labeled shrooms though. Might as well keep a bunch of edibles growing with the psychoactive ones. Guess I'll find spores for morels and shitake later.

A guy by the name of 'roadkill' has a whole set of walk through boomer teks on YouTube. From homemade gloveboxes to working off prints.

Back