Grow Mediums Help needed amended my soil but no root ball created

I would not and do not use straight coco loco with the NLS AF Concentrate. You can use it but it must have an equal amount of compost or earthworm castings and then it isn't really optimal.

I use NLS Auto flower concentrate with 1 part coco(buffered), 1 part peat, 1 part humus/compost, 1 part earthworm castings, 2 parts perlite, 1/4 cup DE per gallon, and then the appropriate amount of Concentrate. When I make up a new pot, I make sure the center/core is straight FFHF with some DynoMyco so the tap root gets established before it hits the more nutrient rich soil.
Can you tell me what the 1/4 cup DE is ? and what is FFHF ? Thank you for your help.

DE is Diatomaceous Earth, good stuff for soil amendment.

FFHF is Fox Farms Happy Frog soil.

Do you think I can add the three bottle fox farm to what I have at the moment ? Or should I start over following your advice ?
Im not sure you're understanding how to use the fox farm trio. They are nutrient concentrates. Meant to be mixed in proper proportions with a gallon of water up to 2 times per week. More than that can cause salts to build up in the soil.

Screenshot_20220902-192200_Chrome.jpg

This is the fox farm soil feeding schedule. If you are using the big 3 just pay attention to the top 3. That schedule hasnt changed since fox farm launched those 3. Now because you're using coco loco mixed with soil your run is gonna get complicated. Coco loco is straight perlite and coco. Coco does not absorb anything not really even water. Sure it gets wet but its a way higher draining medium than peat based soils

A lot of people find coco easier to use because its more forgiving to the amount of water you put in because it basically drains straight through and the only thing holding it in the medium is the roots and the waters surface tension.

Im confused as to where you are in your grow right now because your original post says you've had the worst harvest yet, but other posts say you've started over again and reammended the soil. So if you're back to square one on a fresh grow and havent germed anything yet I would say like talon said, do some reading about coco. Its a completely different substrate compared to peat based soils which I believe is what you're feeding for. Coco I believe requires nutrients almost every watering because it doesnt hold on to anything like peat and castings do.

Also if you plan on reusing your medium amend it with water soluable dry ferts, and I dont really think you're suppose to amend coco since it needs more feedings than soil does. You could always go to a composted living soil which requires more work but from what I understand if you get it right you can just keep reusing it over and over again.

My suggestion for the next go around is pick 1 substrate either soil or coco and run that. Mixing the 2 from what I understand makes it hard because peat acts like a buffer holding on to water and nutrients, and its also a bit acidic too. Where as the coco is almost the exact opposite. You can always run a pot with soil and a different pot with coco if you wanna see which one you like better but from my understanding there is no best of both worlds there.

Im not sure you're understanding how to use the fox farm trio. They are nutrient concentrates. Meant to be mixed in proper proportions with a gallon of water up to 2 times per week. More than that can cause salts to build up in the soil.

View attachment 1544696

This is the fox farm soil feeding schedule. If you are using the big 3 just pay attention to the top 3. That schedule hasnt changed since fox farm launched those 3. Now because you're using coco loco mixed with soil your run is gonna get complicated. Coco loco is straight perlite and coco. Coco does not absorb anything not really even water. Sure it gets wet but its a way higher draining medium than peat based soils

A lot of people find coco easier to use because its more forgiving to the amount of water you put in because it basically drains straight through and the only thing holding it in the medium is the roots and the waters surface tension.

Im confused as to where you are in your grow right now because your original post says you've had the worst harvest yet, but other posts say you've started over again and reammended the soil. So if you're back to square one on a fresh grow and havent germed anything yet I would say like talon said, do some reading about coco. Its a completely different substrate compared to peat based soils which I believe is what you're feeding for. Coco I believe requires nutrients almost every watering because it doesnt hold on to anything like peat and castings do.

Also if you plan on reusing your medium amend it with water soluable dry ferts, and I dont really think you're suppose to amend coco since it needs more feedings than soil does. You could always go to a composted living soil which requires more work but from what I understand if you get it right you can just keep reusing it over and over again.

My suggestion for the next go around is pick 1 substrate either soil or coco and run that. Mixing the 2 from what I understand makes it hard because peat acts like a buffer holding on to water and nutrients, and its also a bit acidic too. Where as the coco is almost the exact opposite. You can always run a pot with soil and a different pot with coco if you wanna see which one you like better but from my understanding there is no best of both worlds there.
Yes I was starting over same way that just failed. That's why I'm trying to find a fix for my ignorance. I am still confused on what to do. I started seed in water. I need to choose a option fast. Thanks for advice.

If you are confused by all this stuff just go simple. Get some potting soil for vegetables and just water it when it needs it.

Treat coco like hydro. 1/2 nutes but could end up watering 2-3 times a day if you don’t have a drip system. I am in peat and found that the easiest way is to pre-amend with Dr earth 4/4/4 and topdress once for veg and twice during flower… you can also brew a tea with it and apply that way as well. Very simple. Water every third day (promix premium moisture). I like Megacrop cuz it’s pretty easy.

Yes I was starting over same way that just failed. That's why I'm trying to find a fix for my ignorance. I am still confused on what to do. I started seed in water. I need to choose a option fast. Thanks for advice.
Dont worry man you'll get it, and props for reusing soil. Im too scared to do that so I start fresh every time. I just got backil into growing over the summer and I have failed once already too, didnt even get a harvest because I was a dumbass and left my basement lights on overnight during a single plant photo run
20221103_193800.jpg

This was a very disappointing time for me, i put a lot of work into that plant. Everyone has a set back, even the people doing this for their whole lives. With the explosion of legality and openess about growing, and the plethera of options there are to growing it'll get confusing for sure.

I find it best to just find the easiest medium to use, for me its peat based soils, rn im very pleased with my 3 parts FFHF and 1 part FFOF. It toned down the heat from straight OF and its pretty cheap. I germ and everything straight in its final home. Always add some kind of myco to your grow though, most important is during germination. Those beneficial microbes break down organic compounds and develop a symbiotic relationship between them and the roots feeding the plant and oxygenating the soil. If you are using the big 3 from fox farm try using microbe brew and root drench. By 1 month in my roots have reached every inch of the pot and are air pruning around the edges in a 5 gal.

I tried to reuse soil. Worked round one but once I started getting more re re used soil in the mix it fucked my day up. Now no more reusing soil.

Back